• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Be grateful you don't live here !

Timo Turl

Minuteman
May 24, 2010
Three people have been arrested after a suspected burglar was stabbed to death at a home in Salford, UK.

It is believed the 26-year-old man was part of a gang attempting to get into a property on Ethel Avenue in Pendlebury just before midnight on Wednesday.

The owner of the property is thought to have disturbed the group, who were wearing balaclavas, as they began their raid.

Residents said they understood intruders tried to break into the back door of the home, then police received a 999 call from a woman at the house.

The dead man - who has not yet been named - was apparently carried away from the house by the other gang members as they fled.He died later in hospital.

Police at the scene where a suspected burglar stabbed to death Salford

The three arrested are a 59-year-old man, 27-year-old man and a 21-year-old woman. They are being held on suspicion of attempted murder.

Sky News understands they are the homeowner, his son and his son's girlfriend.

A cordon has been put up around the terrace house, which backs on to open scrubland.

Greater Manchester Police said an investigation was in its early stages.

"Police were called to an address on Ethel Avenue following reports of a burglary and a group of men carrying an injured man on to Hospital Road," a spokesman said.

"On arrival at Hospital Road, police found a 26-year-old man with stab wounds. He was taken to hospital where he was pronounced dead."

"Two men and a woman have been arrested and remain in police custody."

Salford Divisional Commander, Chief Superintendent Kevin Mulligan added: "Clearly this is a shocking incident and a man has lost his life.

"However, I can reassure the community that we will thoroughly investigate what happened last night and do not believe that members of the public are at risk."

The death comes just 48 hours after David Cameron vowed to bring in stronger measures to protect those who are forced to defend their property.

"We will put beyond doubt that homeowners and small shopkeepers who use reasonable force to defend themselves or their properties will not be prosecuted," he said

The reform will mean they can use reasonable force if they believe their property is under threat.

Currently, they can only act if they feared for their lives.

It was one of several proposals announced by the Prime Minister as he took a tougher stance on law and order, appeasing the Tory right.

The change is expected to be introduced into the Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offences Bill within the next few months.

Re: Be grateful you don't live here !

If a group of hooded men was breaking into my home at night the first thing Id be is "In fear for my life"...to hell with defending the property. Is something wrong with those law enforcement officials? Redundant question.

In Europe "fear for your life" means that your corpse must be on the way to crematorium or at least be pretty cold and THEN and only THEN can you inflict some damage to your executioner...

On Tuesday a post office clerk here was stabbed (female age 50 robbed twice before at the same post) to death for 300€ and numerous clerks violently robbed (they used to carry pensions to old people) and still no one cares. Post won't setup cameras and bullet proof glass as it costs money and for a few € of loot it isn't economically viable...

If you happen to really defend yourself you're treated as a criminal no matter what (even if you do it by the law you're still investigated and ran through court).

There was a homeowner in the UK a few years ago that used a shotgun on an intruder that had a SERIOUS rap sheet - not only did they throw the book at the guy and put him in jail - the intruder SUED him, WON the entire estate and they gave it to him while the guy was in jail.

This is why America exists, people in the 1700's could not tolerate that kind of behavior from a government.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"However, I can reassure the community that we will thoroughly investigate what happened last night and do not believe that members of the public are at risk."</div></div>

Not from innocent property owners. Of course, the criminals you protect are a different matter.

our laws have changed recently due to some recent events however they are still not robust enough. should you injure or kill a burgler you will have to prove that the level of violence or force you used was proportionate to the level of the threat to be justified. each case will be treated on its own merits and circumstances but as a home owner you do run the risk of being jailed for injuring or killing a burgler. myself i believe that once he steps on my property with intent to burgle steal or injure me ,my family,or my possesions then he deserves all that comes his way.

I think I'm gonna start robbing Parliment and maybe buckingham palace....I always wanted a crown.

If I walk in with my hands in my pockets, stroll over to the jewels and grab them, does that mean they can't touch me!?!?!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I'm gonna start robbing Parliment and maybe buckingham palace....I always wanted a crown.

If I walk in with my hands in my pockets, stroll over to the jewels and grab them, does that mean they can't touch me!?!?! </div></div>

No the jewels belong to the rich and priveliged. As we all know they are subject to a different set of laws than the common man. Fucking rich asswipes.

You seem to miss the main point
smile.gif
. The law applies to normal, tax paying citizens. If you are a member of elite then the law doesn't apply. If you try to touch the big boys you'll get slapped fast and hard...

Seriously though no one upholds those idiotic premises and as your wise
smile.gif
men used to say better be judged by...than carried by... So basically i'd protect my family and myself by whatever means and force i'd have to (always apply max force and max surprise) and what happens next is peanuts compared to what might if you go with fear of the law mentality into shit storm. (much like limited ROE which will hinder any ability to do some serious damage and actually threaten peoples survival as it can make you slow in your decisions...)

The homeowners fucked up. If you're going to kill one you better kill all three followed shortly with shovel and shut-up.

The people of the united states need to wake up and fast. This is the road we are on now. Heading for the ditch and fast.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0481</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The people of the united states need to wake up and fast. This is the road we are on now. Heading for the ditch and fast. </div></div>

We already hit the ditch...we're headed off the top of a very high cliff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0481</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I fully agree with the shovel and shut up method. </div></div>

I wonder if it happens more than we think over there...

It should, otherwise the people should sue the government for failure to protect them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The homeowners fucked up. If you're going to kill one you better kill all three followed shortly with shovel and shut-up. </div></div>

Don't forget the lime powder!

It's really no different in this country, if you stop and think about it. I mean, Lindsay Lohan can snort crack 'till her brain turns black, drive drunk, and be a complete waiste of human life; and nothing more than a slap-on-the-hand will be dished out to her from the court.

Some average Joe tries to do that and he'll be flung in prison for 15+ years.

Money talks...

We really aren't very far behind these guys. Its just a matter of time until we have the same things going on here.

Not in my state. I'm glad Ohio has the Castle Law which also extends to your vehicle. If anyone breaks in at night he wont be leaving under his own power that's for sure. 17+1 rounds of Gold Dots will make sure that's a fact.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Super Bee 950</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is why Texas has the most job growth and is the best place to live. We kill stupid people
smile.gif
</div></div>
Are you kidding it gets stupid hot there. LOL

Someone walks across my lawn....no problem. Same person breaks into my house? I can only assume they will attempt to do me harm. If I have a burglar, armed or not, in my house and we meet up face to face we are not going to have a conversation about what their intentions are. A burglar isn't going to stand there and let you pat them down for weapons. One of us is going to die and the law is on my side.

2 words... Throwdown Weapon...