• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Be prepared

Re: Be prepared

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many practice <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">shooing</span></span> to protect your community and country in case of turbulant times </div></div>

Its not allowed around here

IMG_6554.JPG

That depends. There is the whole "have a plan", "get training" route. You should word the question like...Those who have a plan and train defensive techniques, what did you do to get to that point.
That requires some out of the box thinking, geographical considerations; personal, team and group abilities. One corner, you got a guy with 20 WW2 surplus rifles, 6 pistols, with one mag a piece, and 4000 rounds of mixed surplus shit bought cheap from a gunshow. The other, has a rifle (bolt action 10 mags) a pistol (semi-auto 10 mags) and a shotgun (pump). 600 rounds total.

Neither is worth a damn unless you train/ receive training, and practice. Understand tactics, and employ them to work.

I would say this is the basic definition of what you speak of. So, should one consider that these are the criteria, and a CCW class and weekly trips to the range may not cut it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many practice shooing to protect your community and country in case of turbulant times </div></div>

In turbulent times, I'll need protection <span style="text-decoration: underline">FROM</span> my community and country...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many practice shooing to protect your community and country in case of turbulant times </div></div>

In turbulent times, I'll need protection <span style="text-decoration: underline">FROM</span> my community and country...

</div></div>

Bingo...this right here. ^^^

In a true 'oh shit' scenario, the odds will definitely be against you. The masses won't be prepared for a damn thing and as a result, will want what you can provide whether it be protection or sustenance.

As discussed in another topic that can be found HERE, if 2012 has another drought like we saw this year, civilized society as we know it will go to hell in a hand basket in the blink of an eye when entire cities are faced with having no water supply.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Its not allowed around here

IMG_6554.JPG
</div></div>

I didn't know Salt Lake County was in the DFW area
laugh.gif

Yeah I practice for turbulant times, I shoot rabbits in my back pasture.

I figured in turbulant times I might want to eat.