• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

bead blast finish ????

skeetlee

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
Central Illinois
Can a bead blasted finish be polished? I am having a muzzle brake installed and it will be bead blasted. I might find that i really like the finish as is but I was kinda thinking about having it polished to match the finish on the barrel. Or i might have it coated/painted. If i go with a coating on the brake will Alumahyde hold up? Just looking for ideas. I like the brake the man makes and he seems like a first class dude so buying a brake that is already polished or painted is not an option. Any ideas? Lee

Re: bead blast finish ????

I'd first contact the maker and see if he can leave one out of the blasting process for you. If that's not an option, yes it can be polished. Takes time but it can be done.

I think i will go with some type of black finish. What finish would work best on a muzzle brake? Will the bead blasted finish take the coating very well? Thanks Lee

or you could have the barrel bead blasted, too. i had one of mine bead blasted and it leaves a nice non-reflective and very durable finish. i like it.