• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Beanland..243 Sentinel, Surgeon 591, Spiral...

Cigarcop

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2009
Pottstown, Pa
Big Brown just dumped this off for me!

Built by Beanland in .243 chambered for the 108 Bergers, 23" Spiral Fluted MTU 5r Rock 1-7.5, Jewell Trigger. KMW Sentinel stock with Integrated Mounting Block, threaded 5/8x24 and Cerakoted in Graphite Black.

Thanks again Jon

DSC_0309.jpg

DSC_0310.jpg

DSC_0311.jpg

Re: Beanland..243 Sentinel, Surgeon 591, Spiral...

Great look looking rig Jon, I'm sure it shoots too...can't wait to see the range report!
-Tyler

Really a smart looking machine.
Can't wait for the range report.
How long did the build take?

You need to send that bolt out to kampfeld to get it matched to the barrel! Fine looking rig

That is one beautiful rifle. I love it.

what did you do call in sick because you knew it was coming. your lucky the brown truck was on time and not two days late. can't wait to see it in person. you are going to let me touch it and shoot it wright. i'm sure it looks better than in the pictures.

Ron

After you get loads worked up, I'd be curious to see what kind of velocities you get out of the 23"

Looks Good -

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ya do this to make me cry, dont ya........ </div></div>

I'm wondering if I officially made your list too!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rocketron</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what did you do call in sick because you knew it was coming. your lucky the brown truck was on time and not two days late. can't wait to see it in person. you are going to let me touch it and shoot it wright. i'm sure it looks better than in the pictures.

Ron </div></div>

Ron,
I did in fact stay home and pace all day waiting for that truck...good thing I have hardwood floors!

Looks really nice man!

Glad to see that you made a wise choice when choosing your smith with that barrel blank. Looks even better than I imagined it would, but you should have left it at 27". I mean it was only a 7lb blank
grin.gif

I dont see how you will bw able to shoot that very good , I would be too distracted by how damn sexy it is.

And yes , it is a sickness I have.

Nice rifle I hope to see a range report.

damn, damn, damn. I need to start saving for a sentinel.

That is one nice rifle. To quote a fellow Pittsburgher.....
"It's bangin out on every level!"

Sorry but I had to give the "Black and Gold" some love.

I'd hit it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd hit it. </div></div> That made me laugh out loud!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertMonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SWEET!!! Man I love those Sentinels.
laugh.gif

Cheers,
DM </div></div>

Dont start.....you were on the list a long time ago....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cigarcop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ya do this to make me cry, dont ya........ </div></div>

</div></div>

Why as a matter of fact......yes.....I do HATE you......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KnabstrupperUSA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You need to send that bolt out to kampfeld to get it matched to the barrel! Fine looking rig </div></div>
Bolt is already fluted, as are all Surgeon 591 bolts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cigarcop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ya do this to make me cry, dont ya........ </div></div>

</div></div>

Why as a matter of fact......yes.....I do HATE you...... </div></div>
Question Hugh, I see you posting in all the sentinel threads about not having one, but why dont you just order one, you could have had one already but instead you "HATE" others lol, Just a heads up, I spoke with Terry on the phone maybe a week ago, and he said he had a few unspoken right hand models for 591's and I believe Rsr's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KnabstrupperUSA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You need to send that bolt out to kampfeld to get it matched to the barrel! Fine looking rig </div></div>
Bolt is already fluted, as are all Surgeon 591 bolts.</div></div>

Here is where you should speak when you know something only.

Kampfeld does a spiral flute that is deeper and wider than the Surgeon flutes. It makes it look like a Ti style flute and looks great on a Surgeon Action.

Knabstrupper has been around the block, he knows the Surgeon action already has a flute.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kylongshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">freakin sweet!!! whats a gun like that run??? </div></div>

I see at least 3300 in components.

I thought I read somewhere that people couldnt spiral flute a barrel because of some patent. I guess that was wrong or no longer valid? Thats the coolest looking rifle Ive seen in awhile, very nice

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: clinto</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought I read somewhere that people couldnt spiral flute a barrel because of some patent. I guess that was wrong or no longer valid? Thats the coolest looking rifle Ive seen in awhile, very nice </div></div>

That is impossible, because, all one would have to do is make sure their spiral is .001 degree different. No patent infringement. Kind of like Vanilla Ice...

Jon is the man! I have had jon do several different jobs for me over the past couple years and they are always right!! Very nice!! Lee

super sweet rifle! how do you like the kmw stock?

super sweet rifle! how do you like the kmw stock?[/quote]

+1 on the kmw stock?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Send__IT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">super sweet rifle! how do you like the kmw stock? </div></div>

I had some time to shoot with it before I sent it off, since it has the Block in it I just dropped a barreled Surgeon action in it. I like it much more than my AI's so much that this one just landed at Beanlands today for a .338LM build
wink.gif

IMG_1720.jpg

I'm a hater now! That is one of the sweetest rifles I have ever seen. AMAZING!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cigarcop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Send__IT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">super sweet rifle! how do you like the kmw stock? </div></div>

I had some time to shoot with it before I sent it off, since it has the Block in it I just dropped a barreled Surgeon action in it. I like it much more than my AI's so much that this one just landed at Beanlands today for a .338LM build
wink.gif

IMG_1720.jpg
</div></div>

Ya....you suck......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Ya....you suck...... </div></div>

Damn Chiller that was quick!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cigarcop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Ya....you suck...... </div></div>

Damn Chiller that was quick!! </div></div>

Even worse that It took a min. to realize it was a Surgeon XL and not a SA....so I retract my statement and replace it with (you suck)^nth

This thread is painful!!

Beautiful rifles, but you're killing me with the pics. I have one Sentinel at Precision Shooting Sports, one on order, and was considering ordering another for a Surgeon XL. That last pic did it, I will be calling Terry again soon.

Thanks...I'm never going to save any money with threads like this around.