• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Beanland .243AI in a Mickey A3

BBsteel

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 17, 2010
MN
In hopes of being a hunting/range rig for antelope and mule deer. My second rifle from Jon and couldn't be more pleased once again. Of course, I haven't even shot it yet but I don't have any doubts.

Been slowly gathering for components and waiting for components over a year for this guys to get finished. I'm very happy with the turn out but timing is poor with bow hunting going on right now and my gun club hosting "sight in days" for the public prior to deer hunting. Range reports will be sometime later as I need to clean and break this in with moly'd up 105 Amax's and VLDs.

Specs:
Rem 700 SA trued by Beanland
Bolt work by Kampfeld Customs
McMillan A3 in "McMillan Camo" ADL w/flush cups
Rock Creek 1:8 twist 24" SS Rem Varmint contour chambered in .243AI by Beanland
Pillar Bedded by Beanland
PTG Pinned recoil lug
PTG ADL trigger gaurd
Shilen Trigger
Seekins 20 MOA Base and rings

Beanland Rifles: http://beanlandrifles.com/

243AIComponents.jpg

photo1-7.jpg

photo5-3.jpg

photo4-5.jpg

photo2-8.jpg

photo3-7.jpg

photo7-1.jpg

Re: Beanland .243AI in a Mickey A3

Very nice looking rifle! Jon is an excellent gun builder, that's the reason I'm having him build my first custom, also his shop is only an hour from where I live so that is definitely a plus. My build is going to be a 22-250AI built on a rem 700, kreiger barrel and a mcmillan A-3 sporter and shilen trigger. It should be a real coyote getter. Probably won't be ready until late Jan or Feb because of lead times with kreiger. How about posting some pics of some groups.

That's smokin looks great I'm sure it will shoot just as good as it looks keep us posted once you get a chance to shoot it

Great looking rig. Nice choice of components. Can't wait to see a range report.
grin.gif

Regards, Paul

You can never go wrong with Jon Beanland. Was just out shooting my latest from him today.

I scrambled over to the range today...couldn't resist. Only got a few rounds in but as suspected it looks like a winner.

Here's shots 6-10 after some "eye-ball" bore sighting and cleaning at 100 yards. After the moly seasoning of the barrel and some more RL17 powder I expect it to be even better. These are 105 Amax's. Shot 1 is the high one.

photo6-2.jpg