• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Beanland Built 6.5x47L 20" Hunter "Range Report"

Cigarcop

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2009
Pottstown, Pa
Jons built me a few rifles in the past so I finally got around to having him build me a hunting rig in 6.5x47L. Trued Rem 700, Rock 1-8 RV finished @ 20", PTG Handle, Side BR, McMillan A1-3, throated for the 130 VLD's, I wanted BM with a mag but didn't want anything sticking out of the bottom so I went with HS BM ...trying to lose a little weight I had Kampfeld flute the barrel (8 flutes) and the bolt. Badger Alloy 20MOA base TPS Alloy rings, Leupold 4.5x14, bringing her to 10lbs as she sits.
As always with Jon everything turned out better than imagined!

DSC_0363.jpg

DSC_0360.jpg

DSC_0364.jpg

Re: Beanland Built 6.5x47L 20" Hunter

Wow I love this rifle! I swapped out my AICS for an A1-3 on my 260 and I really like that stock for an all-around hunter/comp rig. Sweet lookin shooter. I'd be interested in your range report, congrats.

Very nice stick how do you like those CDS dials on that Leupold? I have been kicking around the idea of having Leupold build me a scope with the CDS dials for hunting to save some weight over my USO. They look easy to turn with a gloved hand.

Thats a sweat looking stick.Hows it shoot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: birddogsx3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice stick how do you like those CDS dials on that Leupold? I have been kicking around the idea of having Leupold build me a scope with the CDS dials for hunting to save some weight over my USO. They look easy to turn with a gloved hand. </div></div>

The dials are pretty slick, they've got a great feel to them and using gloves won't seem to be a problem.

JEALOUS WOW very nice!!!

I have 2x A1-3 stocks on order can't wait.
It'll be interesting to see what velocity you get out of a 20" barrel, My 6.5x47 lap loves 130VLDs over 38gr RL-15 CCI 450s

That is pure greatness!! That is a very well planned out build. As always, Old Jon has worked is "Beanland Magic" on it, that's obvious. I've seen you posting in the past about this rifle, I'm glad you finally got it. There's no doubt it will be a fine shooter.

I may look into that HS bottom metal. My last hunting rifle I had done I went with BDL because I didn't want a mag hanging out the bottom. I forgot all about the HS option. Jon is going to do some tuning on this rifle once I get it to him. I may just have him do away with the BDL and see if he will put in the HS instead. I hate feeding from the top.

Great rifle! I love it!

Thats a great do-it-all kind of gun.

Just curious, what speeds you getting and with what bullet weight?

Cigarcop, have you had a chance to see if the Leupold CDS is repeatable on it's adjustments? I have heard from a few guys that have one that they don't track well.

Nice rig, I'm anxiously waiting on my 18" Creedmoor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pusher591</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great rifle! I love it!

Thats a great do-it-all kind of gun.

Just curious, what speeds you getting and with what bullet weight? </div></div>

Well she just arrived today after sitting in the UPS truck for the past week!
I plan on shooting the 130 Hunting VLD's and after running some #'s thru Quickload I think Reloader 17 might be my friend to keep the velocity up...but theres nothing like shooting it thru the chrony and finding out the hard facts!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cigarcop, have you had a chance to see if the Leupold CDS is repeatable on it's adjustments? I have heard from a few guys that have one that they don't track well.

Nice rig, I'm anxiously waiting on my 18" Creedmoor. </div></div>

Thanks, this will be my first CDS so I'm gonna find out

All I know is that Beanland is awesome. He has my 6.5 right now bedding a new MCM A5. He does outstanding work. Tag on the range report.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cigarcop, have you had a chance to see if the Leupold CDS is repeatable on it's adjustments? I have heard from a few guys that have one that they don't track well.

Nice rig, I'm anxiously waiting on my 18" Creedmoor. </div></div>

I have one on my 300wsm... runs great. over 100 rounds thru it.

OP... Nice rig. I have the HS in my Beanland 6x47 hunter. love it !
grin.gif

Awesome rifle buddy - You have some bad-ass sticks in your arsenal!!!

I'll be talking with ya here shortly about my build coming up - hope it turns out as nice as yours!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome rifle buddy - You have some bad-ass sticks in your arsenal!!!

I'll be talking with ya here shortly about my build coming up - hope it turns out as nice as yours!! </div></div>
Thanks, I'm 100% sure yours will be incredible.....all of Jons are!

Nice rig Cigarcop! Love those A1-3's. Have two of them myself in the "edge" construction. Jon is top notch for sure. Now go shoot that thang!

Thanks for the comments guys, I couldn't wait to shoot it any longer even though its a bit cold and windy here so I loaded up 12 rds of H4350 at 40.6 with 130 Hunting VLD's just on the lands...so no load developement.

4 rds for sighting in, cleaned after each 2 shots, then off to some 1' dots at 100yrds. Had the chrono set up, I got 2714 fps for the 5 shot average..not bad for a 20" tube..
Top group was 5 with the cleaned barrel, bottom was my last three

IMG_0005-1.jpg

IMG_0006-1.jpg

definitely a beastly looking rifle you got there. looks good.

and the groups seem to match and will only get better.

congrates on a awesome build

I think you should sell me that rifle, accuracy is not quite up to snuff - wouldn't want you to miss the ELUSIVE WHITETAIL BUCK!!

Great rifle & great shootin'!!!

Very Nice!!!!!

I will have my 18" 6.5x47 soon, I hope for similar results.

BTW, what do you plan on hunting with your new rifle? Just curious on what you think the 6.5x47 should be limited too?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think you should sell me that rifle, accuracy is not quite up to snuff - wouldn't want you to miss the ELUSIVE WHITETAIL BUCK!!

Great rifle & great shootin'!!! </div></div>

LOL....you'll have yours soon enough!

I love this rifle!!!

I would try some 100 grain Nosler Partitions just cause. I think that bullet would be perfect for whitetais and you should get some impressive velocity to boot.

Sweet!!!!

Very, Very nice. I will be getting my 6.5x47 Beanland hunter in a couple weeks. Cant wait! Very similar setup.