• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bear Pit Canadians

atepointer

sub-amateur paint chipper
Minuteman
  • Nov 20, 2018
    What's the story up there with lock downs etc? Any particular word on British Columbia....sure missed that place last year would be so happy to get back into the Canadian Rockies.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
    Well, I for one would say that "life is about normal" except for the mask-wearing requirement. Stores are open, and there are 'spacing' markers on the floors infront of the tills, to keep distance.

Thing is though, for me, I'm kinda happy about 'not showing my face' as well as others 'keeping their distance'. That isn't bad at all, from my view. (Especially with the number of idiots who let their phone do ALL of their thinking, and ALL of their breathing for them.)

There ARE some idiots who take things to extremes, but I've only 'heard' of them. Yet to come across one. I've got family all throughout the Province of B.C. and things are about 'normal' for them too.

Gotta realize though, I come from a long line of folks who 'avoid crowds' to begin with. YMMV.

Well I'd be thrilled to hear the border is open ready to book a flight and drive on up to Fernie I miss that place so much.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
    As long as the Cutthroats are still committing suicide in the Elk River that's all I care about!

Well, I for one would say that "life is about normal" except for the mask-wearing requirement. Stores are open, and there are 'spacing' markers on the floors infront of the tills, to keep distance.

Thing is though, for me, I'm kinda happy about 'not showing my face' as well as others 'keeping their distance'. That isn't bad at all, from my view. (Especially with the number of idiots who let their phone do ALL of their thinking, and ALL of their breathing for them.)

There ARE some idiots who take things to extremes, but I've only 'heard' of them. Yet to come across one. I've got family all throughout the Province of B.C. and things are about 'normal' for them too.

Gotta realize though, I come from a long line of folks who 'avoid crowds' to begin with. YMMV.
    Fucking Canucks, theyre a strange lot.

I just had bacon this morning, and it wasn't canadian bacon... I actually forget there is Canadian bacon, I eat it so infrequently 😆

It all depends where you go I suppose. I'm in northern BC right now, and I was just north of Fernie for the past year, in Elkford. It feels the same here as it does there, which means everything is open and the only difference is I have to wear a mask half the time and there is hand sanitizer set up everywhere whenever you open a door to a business.

I can't say what it's like in the Vancouver area, not sure if you plan on flying in or what, but I've driven across the Alberta/BC border dozens of times in the past year with no issues.

F509BF00-128A-4685-ADC5-627E429DA3DA.jpeg
    It’s worth reposting

• Haha
    Reactions: Boon20
    Quebecistan is still a mess and locked down tight from what I understand. Montreal is like a prison.

But that's just from my Canuckian friends North of here.

They are all very polite, though!

Sirhr

Folks in MTL are not that polite lol

Also one thing I can say for the French influence is it’s still got some viva la resistance in it, sadly just like
    Canadian milk, it’s watered down with the subservient nature institutionalized into most Canadians

Folks in MTL are not that polite lol

Also one thing I can say for the French influence is it’s still got some viva la resistance in it, sadly just like
    Canadian milk, it’s watered down with the subservient nature institutionalized into most Canadians
    Referring to the Westmount and Senneville ones....

But, yes, you are right ;-)

Cheers,

Sirhr

Reactions: TurboTrout
    The rulers closed BC down again.

Between March 29 at 11:59 pm and April 19 at 11:59 pm the PHO is strengthening province-wide restrictions:

-The variance allowing indoor religious gatherings and worship services between March 28 and May 13 is suspended
    -Indoor low intensity group exercise classes are cancelled
    -Restaurants, pubs and bars are closed for indoor dining. Outdoor patio seating and take-out or delivery is allowed
    -Whistler Blackcomb ski resort is closed

Never ending.

The rulers closed BC down again.

Between March 29 at 11:59 pm and April 19 at 11:59 pm the PHO is strengthening province-wide restrictions:

-The variance allowing indoor religious gatherings and worship services between March 28 and May 13 is suspended
    -Indoor low intensity group exercise classes are cancelled
    -Restaurants, pubs and bars are closed for indoor dining. Outdoor patio seating and take-out or delivery is allowed
    -Whistler Blackcomb ski resort is closed

Never ending.
    Looks like some good objective reporting going on up there too:

1619103391617.png

Reactions: Tokay444
    Some good looking women in MTL though

I don’t know about Montreal, but I was in Quebec a couple years ago, and I tell you what, there are some fine looking women up there. You could definitely tell the tourist women from the locals. All the tourists were fat slobs, and the local women were all well built and good looking. Even the ugly Canadian chicks were built nice.

The CBC is the propaganda wing of the ruling party. All left wing bullshit.

I don't believe anything they broadcast.

If they said the sky was blue, I'd look out the window to check.
    I ran through other article links on their page I mean geez.....it's not even a little bit disguised as news I had never taken the time to look at Canadian press looks like the same cesspool as our or Europe.

Reactions: lash
    The CBC is the propaganda wing of the ruling party. All left wing bullshit.

I don't believe anything they broadcast.

If they said the sky was blue, I'd look out the window to check.

Government run media is always straight up propaganda, and seldom a sign of a free people.

I was in Vancouver last weekend and the weather was very nice. Yes, I’m an essential worker, so the boarder is still open for us. In the morning, there were not many people on the path along the bay in West Vancouver, but by the afternoon the sunny weather coaxed people out. Had lunch at Trolls in Horseshoe Bay, walked around at Lighthouse Park, another day we went up to Capilano Lake and hiked the Baden-Powell trail between Grouse Mountain and Lynn Valley. There were very few people hiking, mostly only dog walkers with 6-8 dogs. Restaurants that did not have outdoor eating were takeout only. Had a nice time over all, especially since the weather was not 50 and raining like normal this time of year. I must say it was nice to not have all the tourists to contend with.

Attachments

• 502A065F-183B-497C-84F8-166245CA1396.jpeg
      502A065F-183B-497C-84F8-166245CA1396.jpeg
      583 KB · Views: 24
    • 0366E91E-1287-4208-9A1B-EE3C54F2DCDD.jpeg
      0366E91E-1287-4208-9A1B-EE3C54F2DCDD.jpeg
      454.1 KB · Views: 28
    • A71C56AE-4DEA-406F-812C-782519921789.jpeg
      A71C56AE-4DEA-406F-812C-782519921789.jpeg
      517.2 KB · Views: 28
    • 976F1ED1-E677-4630-B0AE-EBC69A4A9941.jpeg
      976F1ED1-E677-4630-B0AE-EBC69A4A9941.jpeg
      822.6 KB · Views: 26
    • DB88821F-4B94-46F8-A496-F1FC8CF88427.jpeg
      DB88821F-4B94-46F8-A496-F1FC8CF88427.jpeg
      1 MB · Views: 25

New travel bans for BC. They have a liberal government there, so not as surprising as the conservative government in Ontario doing the same thing.
    We actually have a NDP party provincially. That's an abbreviation for 'commie' party. They are shored up by the green party (another bunch of wackos).

The libs are federal and they are supported by the federal NDP party.

If you need a laugh, search Canada Federal NDP party.

Living here is just like living a WWII POW escape movie. I'll have watch The Great Escape to get some tips.

Soon we'll need special papers just to be on the new Reich Territory. Probably putting up double razor on the boundaries to stop bike jumps.

Living here is just like living a WWII POW escape movie. I'll have watch The Great Escape to get some tips.

Soon we'll need special papers just to be on the new Reich Territory. Probably putting up double razor on the boundaries to stop bike jumps.
    I was just thing the same thing reading that article and I'm texting with a buddy in BC. He said it's plain bizarre to watch unfold.

We actually have a NDP party provincially. That's an abbreviation for 'commie' party. They are shored up by the green party (another bunch of wackos).

The libs are federal and they are supported by the federal NDP party.

If you need a laugh, search Canada Federal NDP party.
    My bad, I thought Horgan was a liberal. Not far off though.