• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bear Pit Expectations

MarinePMI

Ban Cat Handler
Staff member
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 3, 2010
    San Diego, Ca
    For those that are new to (or not acquainted with) the Pit, it can be a rough and tumble place. While not everything is allowed, it is a place for shooting the breeze, expressing opinions on non-shooting related topics, and a place to blow off steam. But lately there seems to be some misunderstandings about what is expected when diving into the Pit. A member wrote this, and I thought it was worth sharing...

"My views on the pit are like that of a rowdy bar...

1) You don't have to drink at the bar, you can always find a Starbucks.

2) If you're new to the bar...you're gonna get fucked with.

3) If you say stupid shit at the bar...you're gonna get fucked with

4) If you think you're better than everyone at the bar...you're gonna get fucked with.

5) If you can give and take a few punches...and laugh about it later...you've earned a seat at the bar.

Essentially, don't walk into the Titty Twister...order a banana daiquiri...then rage quit when people start busting your balls."

You should have a thick skin while venturing into the Pit, but there are rules...play nice.

giphy.gif

For those that are new to (or not acquainted with) the Pit, it can be a rough and tumble place. While not everything is allowed, it is a place for shooting the breeze, expressing opinions on non-shooting related topics, and a place to blow off steam. But lately there seems to be some misunderstandings about what is expected when diving into the Pit. A member wrote this, and I thought it was worth sharing...

4) If you think you're better than everyone at the bar...you're gonna get fucked with.

5) If you can give and take a few punches...and laugh about it later...you've earned a seat at the bar.

Essentially, don't walk into the Titty Twister...order a banana daiquiri...then rage quit when people start busting your balls."

You should have a thick skin while venturing into the Pit, but there are rules...play nice.
    Exemption for concrete guys with lots of bow kills

Anyone who hits the report button in The Bear Pit should be banned. A couple of obvious exceptions, like spam. Anyone who tags the HMFIC or Staff/Mods because their feelings got hurt should also be banned. Surprisingly, The Bear Pit denizens do a pretty good job of self moderating, one of the best parts about it.

The Titty Twister…. I don’t think we have enough Poosie in here!!!

Beyond that, however, the comparison is pretty good! Especially the little guy at the door with the ‘mic!!!

Welcome to the Pit…. Bah hahahhahaha

Sirhr

• Haha
    Reactions: BLEE
    I'm relatively new here, but even the worst I've seen is better than the tards at 24CF. Remember, all these forums are similar. I won't generalize the site, people can do that themselves. Have a thick skin, be patient, there are no get in free cards. I sure as he'll don't have one .

Reactions: lash

I'm still awaiting the clarifications of those "rules" and how my posts were any different than others for which I was banned by you. I mean you weren't even protecting your boyfriend Molon this time.

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: Fig
    I'm still awaiting the clarifications of those "rules" and how my posts were any different than others for which I was banned by you. (And what does that make, 4 fucking times for this if you include your boyfriend, Molon?)

As per the forum rules:
    1. Enforcement of the Rules may happen without warning. If your post is edited, deleted or modified by a Moderator you may inquire to the admin if the reason is not completely clear. Do this by private messaging Lowlight. If you see a post that is in violation of any of these rules please use the "notify" link at the bottom of the post to alert the moderators.
    Dude, give the fuck up or just go somewhere the fuck else….. and by ALL means hit the buttons to report me…. Won’t change my fucking life a single fucking bit. Everyone is sick of your bullshit. Now fuck the fuck off to wherever you came from.

MOTHER FUCKERS, why is this still a problem here????

Fix this shit and let’s move the fuck on…..

I'm still awaiting the clarifications of those "rules" and how my posts were any different than others for which I was banned by you. (And what does that make, 4 fucking times for this if you include your boyfriend, Molon?)

As per the forum rules:
    1. Enforcement of the Rules may happen without warning. If your post is edited, deleted or modified by a Moderator you may inquire to the admin if the reason is not completely clear. Do this by private messaging Lowlight. If you see a post that is in violation of any of these rules please use the "notify" link at the bottom of the post to alert the moderators.
    9BAF0538-CC4D-42EA-8D70-0523E607A326.png

Dude, give the fuck up or just go somewhere the fuck else….. and by ALL means hit the buttons to report me…. Won’t change my fucking life a single fucking bit. Everyone is sick of your bullshit. Now fuck the fuck off to wherever you came from.
    It's a Marine PMI thing. You wouldn't understand.

He is counting on posters like you to provide him insulation so he doesn't have to address me directly because he is a bitch coward. Speaks like a deflecting democrat that got accused of something he actually did. Where is your investigative curiosity?
    What exactly is “Honor Grad USMC Marksmanship Unit”? Is that Coach’s Course as you have a pith helmet for your pic? PMI? SAWIC? 8531? 8532? I don’t recall a “marksmanship unit” course to be an honor grad of, but I wasn’t on the MRPT.

As per the forum rules:
    1701264630301.png

I am wondering why this thread doesn't show up when I go to the thread list. I only noticed it because it was on the side ticker as the most recent post in the bear pit on the forum selection page.

Reactions: XP1K
    I am wondering why this thread doesn't show up when I go to the thread list. I only noticed it because it was on the side ticker as the most recent post in the bear pit on the forum selection page.
    It sticky. Yo

B03EA17C-2A06-4D3D-B384-8BFB3445D2A4.jpeg

How much of a crying little tattle tale hall monitor bitch do you have to be to get the right hand of the hmfic to decidaxre a sticky thread to you.

@FredHammer and @Ronin22 know

As per the forum rules:
    243BDB1A-8E14-4C7F-B503-39362E5C4C29.gif

He is counting on posters like you to provide him insulation so he doesn't have to address me directly because he is a bitch coward. Speaks like a deflecting democrat that got accused of something he actually did. Where is your investigative curiosity?
    So now you just change your tag instead of answering? Is it not a thing then, or were you just modifying something you did into something more easily understandable to civilians.

You know there isn’t such a thing as “USMC Marksmanship Unit”, right? Certainly not in 1996. There was the Marine Corps Rifle Pistol Team, but not a marksmanship unit one could be an honor grad of.

So now you just change your tag instead of answering? Is it not a thing then, or were you just modifying something you did into something more easily understandable to civilians.

You know there isn’t such a thing as “USMC Marksmanship Unit”, right? Certainly not in 1996. There was the Marine Corps Rifle Pistol Team, but not a marksmanship unit one could be an honor grad of.
    Hmmmm...I can fix that....

What exactly is “Honor Grad USMC Marksmanship Unit”? Is that Coach’s Course as you have a pith helmet for your pic? PMI? SAWIC? 8531? 8532? I don’t recall a “marksmanship unit” course to be an honor grad of, but I wasn’t on the MRPT.
    Hint: I smell a poser. He got called out when he was Gingerman and made the post about the grenade being his totem item

I'm still awaiting the clarifications of those "rules" and how my posts were any different than others for which I was banned by you. I mean you weren't even protecting your boyfriend Molon this time.
    And just in case you're wondering...

respect.jpg

😂 😂 😂 😂

I'm generally pretty easy going, but your incessant whining is getting REALLY annoying. You may just want to move on, before I turn your volume off...permanently.

Let me break this down Barney style for you schmucklenuts. Pecking a fight with a forum Mod is a losing proposition, whether you think you're right or not. Prudence (and dare I say maturity) would tell you that, and that the best course of action is to just let it go and move on. Acting all butthurt isn't going to improve your position. At all.

I woke up this morning, grabbed my phone, and came here.

This is how pathetic my life has become.

I once had so many hopes and dreams.

SnipersHide: Where dreams go to die.