• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bearing Optics Phenom 640x480

I always have it hooked to an external battery pack. It runs all night plus with that. (10k Anker).

A guy borrowed my extra and we didn’t have it hooked to an external when he first started using it. It was real cold yet. Somewhere between 0 and -8. It was 1.5-2 hours and showing red.

In cold cold I wouldn’t expect more than 1.5-2 hours.

I always have it hooked to an external battery pack. It runs all night plus with that. (10k Anker).

A guy borrowed my extra and we didn’t have it hooked to an external when he first started using it. It was real cold yet. Somewhere between 0 and -8. It was 1.5-2 hours and showing red.

In cold cold I wouldn’t expect more than 1.5-2 hours.
Curious, how do you physically attach the external battery to the scanner?

I have a couple old polecat hiking/shooting sticks. They have a 14x20 thread at the top. I screw the Phenom onto the top and its about 18" collapsed. I took some tape and taped the Anker to the side of the stick. I use like a 9" cord between the battery pack and scanner.

Its not sexy but I can charge both at the same time if needed and I never have to worry about the battery running out.

Using the stick makes it easy on the shoulder as the night wears on. I don’t have to raise my arm as high.