• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Beat down like a tent peg

Veer_G

Beware of the Dildópony!
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2008
SEPA
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e7ISpYiOIxE"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e7ISpYiOIxE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I just ain't going out like this. No effin' way.

Re: Beat down like a tent peg

That was a chickenshit shot!!
What ever happened to fighting like a man? The guy was bigger that sucker punched him!

Chicken s**t sucker punch. Makes me wonder who picked the fight though. Been working in bars for a long time. A whole group of guys usually don't chase your ass through a parking lot for no reason. But REGARDLESS, that was still a cheap ass, chicken s**t hit.

If I were that one witness, I'd be sweeping the parking lot with those guys...

For fighting against my car!

So many things that are wrong here.

WTF is his buddy in the black with the jeans thinking? The guy that got hurt went to bat for him, and he takes a powder?

4 on 2 would have been so much better.

2:00 am - BAR / defending a dumbass that won't defend you - classic case of stupid place, stupid thing, stupid people.....

Also - why is 'witness' not pushing the young lady into the car and locking her in?

Good luck

Meh... That guy must have did something to piss ol boy off that bad... Sucker punch or not, run that mouth, and someone will pull your card.. LOL

Any way you look at it, 4 on 1 is chicken shit and a sucker punch to the head could kill someone.

To make this "gun forum relevant", would this have been a justifiable instance to use a concealed carry weapon? Either the victim or in his defense?

Justifiable, absolutely. Defensible in our conviction hungry justice system, maybe, maybe not. If that cheap shot to the head killed him you would sure feel bad if you were there and hadn't done everything you could to protect the victim.
I would rather do time for doing the right thing than the wrong thing if it ever came to that. The way I see it, four-on-one is not a fistfight, it is attempted murder.
-This is obviously my personal opinion and should not be construed as legal advice in any way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bryan27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any way you look at it, 4 on 1 is chicken shit and a sucker punch to the head could kill someone.

To make this "gun forum relevant", would this have been a justifiable instance to use a concealed carry weapon? Either the victim or in his defense? </div></div>

While many people feel being outnumbered in a fight is an instant yes to that question, this is one of those dreaded scenarios I run in my head that could go either way.

If one or more of them were wielding weapons of any type - Green light

If you were on the ground and were under the impression that the altercation would NOT stop until heavy bodily damage occurred - Green light. But herein is the problem; at what point in laying on the ground getting your ass beat can you differentiate this, let alone make a rational decision.

I was always told that the threat of getting your ass beat was not justification to use deadly force for obvious reasons. This fight went way too far with the sucker punch, bur many fights simply end with getting a few hits in and that's it - how do you determine ahead of time if you are simply getting a shot to the jaw once or if you're going to wake up in the ambulance?

It's a judgment call and unless there are extenuating circumstances you will be needing a good lawyer afterwards because you are going to need to prove that they intended more than a simple drunken brawl.

With CCW there are few cut/dry scenarios. This would be a grey area for me.

Anyone else care to add anything? I always run these kind of random scenarios through my head.

State law has a big impact on what the answer could be. Here, the victim or onlooker could have been justified in using physical force up to and including deadly physical force, if they reasonably believed that the victim was in danger of serious physical injury. So, yeah, I say he would have been cleared. So would the dude watching by the suburban. The only draw back is the amount of bystanders and whatever is to the bottom right of the picture.

I dunno. When I was younger and rambunctious, one of us got into a scuffle, we were all in it. Didn't matter how many on either side.

I still say ol boy did something pretty bad. Even after he was out cold homeboy was still wanting to stomp him to death. That's real anger right there, not just "I'm gonna whip your ass" shit.

Well its in Philly, so if he did pull a concealed, it would have ended badly in the court system.

Whereas here in Utah, if that shit happened, and you pulled and turned one of the dipshits heads into a canoe, then you'd more than likely walk.

Basic Karate would have kept him out of the hospital.

Not sure if he pissed them off or they were trying to rob him..

They may have beat him pretty bad but they looked like they had cause to. (Not saying he deserved it).

Like to see the whole story on this, after everyone is caught and incarcerted.