• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bedding a Chassis

Cuzz

Amory Ms
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2018
North East Mississippi , near Amory
I have an MPA chassis for my vudoo, it shoots very well but i’d like to see if bedding might make it even better. Ive bedded two regular stocks and didn’t have too much trouble. I’m thinking of bedding the recoil lug first. Does anyone have experience that they can share?

I recently (a couple months ago) bedded my mpa vudoo. I did just the recoil lug and the tang. I really don’t think it did anything for accuracy but, I was only going for repeatability and it definitely accomplished my goal. Like you I’ve done quite a few regular stocks so I was comfortable with the process just unsure about the outcome with a chassis. It now has complete repeatability when removing the action. I just scuffed off the paint and a little zigzagging on the metal no holes and it seems to be holding well. I used devcon.

I recently (a couple months ago) bedded my mpa vudoo. I did just the recoil lug and the tang. I really don’t think it did anything for accuracy but, I was only going for repeatability and it definitely accomplished my goal. Like you I’ve done quite a few regular stocks so I was comfortable with the process just unsure about the outcome with a chassis. It now has complete repeatability when removing the action. I just scuffed off the paint and a little zigzagging on the metal no holes and it seems to be holding well. I used devcon.
Thanks, i was looking for a “all day long” reply. I’m afraid it’s me that needs help, not the gun.

No problem. Let me know what you end up doing I’m always curious what others do.
hey 22 fun, i’m backing out. I like the repeatability to keep reticle level but was really hoping for a little accuracy help. I’m gona try some other things first so i could still put another 700 action in my mpa.

hey 22 fun, i’m backing out. I like the repeatability to keep reticle level but was really hoping for a little accuracy help. I’m gona try some other things first so i could still put another 700 action in my mpa.
Absolutely. That’s the down side that once you bed that recoil lug your locked in to that rifle. Let me know what you do though again out of curiosity. I’m a tinkerer and like to try different things the bedding can always be redone lol.

Absolutely. That’s the down side that once you bed that recoil lug your locked in to that rifle. Let me know what you do though again out of curiosity. I’m a tinkerer and like to try different things the bedding can always be redone lol.
Today i changed bipod legs to 45 instead of 90 and screwed a 2x10 onto my bench to make up for the height loss. Too windy rite now to test. According to 6x5, we shoot similar, wish we were closer, could probably help each other.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    530.5 KB · Views: 27
Today i changed bipod legs to 45 instead of 90 and screwed a 2x10 onto my bench to make up for the height loss. Too windy rite now to test. According to 6x5, we shoot similar, wish we were closer, could probably help each other.
Looks good. Me too buddy like minds work the same.