• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Bedding a stock

06cummins92

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 15, 2018
Hello all, I just recently purchased a Tikka T3x CTR and am wanting to get into precision shooting, now I am not new to guns but am new to the long range game, I was curious as to if bedding my factory stock would help me save some coin and yield me some results versus replacing stock with an expensive stock or chassis. Was hoping to gain some info. Thanks in advance. Not sure if this is in the right section, but I posted it in the long range shooting section and never got any results.

As is usual, the answer is yes, sorta, sometimes and maybe.

I usually like to see how it shoots out of the box first and decide from there. If the rifle isn't up to snuff after making sure that the action screws are torqued correctly, I'll take it out of the stock, see what I can see (sometimes the answer can be seen), then often give it a good bedding job. A good bedding job in a solid stock is never a bad thing if you like the stock.

ok, ill put a hundred rounds down the barrel of a few kinds of ammo and see. i do like the stock also. so far the gun shoots good, but could be better if it wasnt for the genius behind it.