• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing bedding block for a badger action

Re: bedding block for a badger action

Wait.......somebody is laid off in Michigan???? haha, just messing.

I hope the blocks in the link are made to better tolerances than the HS ones.

Do you think that will really be better than a properly bedded stock?

yes, it will be better off becasue when you take a badger aciton out of a bedded stock the post in the rear of the action breaks the bedding unless you are real careful. Both Robert Snyder (RWS gunsmithing) and I found this out the hard way. They are not like a remington action that just sits in there, there are 2 posts where the action screws go through and 2 recoil lugs
100_0317.jpg

100_0275.jpg

Ok, is that the purpose of the posts to stick down, to work as a recoil lug? Or just the way things are?

I wonder if milling those off would be harmful or weaken the action (OR JUST PLAIN STUPID).

Adam,
Best thing is to just box it up,send it to me and consider it a learning experiment. You still have my address, if not I will resend it. Otherwise, good luck on a competent machinist.

Adam

I am begining the process of a 338 lapua build and the Badger action is one I am considering any additonal info you (or others) have would be appreaciated

Dave

Adam, you might give Terry Cross a call or an email. I am pretty sure he is developing a similar bedding block for his Sentinel stock to work with the Badger, he posted a CAD picture on a post just a while back...

DD