• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Bedding job

338LM

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2003
STL Missouri
Will oils and solvents break down a Marine Tex bedding job quicker over time? Or are oils and solvents not an issue with Marine Tex?
How long will a good bedding job with 7075 pillars and Marine Tex last in a fiberglass/composite stock? Thanks.

Re: Bedding job

Marine tex and devcon 10110 are about as tough as it gets. Unless you are deliberately trying to drown your bedding in solvents you are good to go and it will last as long as your stock.

If you are overly concerned pull up the spec sheets for each product from the company websites and they will give everything you could want to know from compression and tensile strength to solvent resistence.

I have bedding jobs from Marintex and Decon for 8 years. All but one are pillar bedding and one is Vee block bedded.

Just wiped it off. No cracking or softening from oil or cleaners yet.

I've never heard of any problems with any of the good bedding products, like the one's talked about earlier. I certainly wouldn't worry about it. I don't with Devcon