• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Bedding materials

skeeter355

Private
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2009
About ready to bed a Manners stock to my Savage FCP 300 Win and have used Brownells Accraglass in previous applications. See other guys using Devcon or MarineTek and seeing if there are any recommendations on other products besides Accraglass.

Thanks
Skeeter

SAC suggests Devcon - Mark bedded my McM A5 with it...works great.
GAP uses Marine Tex for their bedding and they will be bedding the lug on the Manners mini-chassis that I have.
I have not personally seen much usage of Accraglass with the guys I shoot with....but, that's not to say it's not a good product.

I think any of these choices are good to go.

MarineTex Gray and Devcon 10110 are definitely the two heavy hitters for rifle bedding.

I've used both and both have their pluses and minus, mainly in regard to how you work with them. MarineTex is quite fluid before it sets up, and will sag into crevices. Devcon won't. Both are very adequate for the job.

I think it's probably easier for someone inexperienced to get good results with Devcon.

I use devcon, works very well for me, apply it liberally and let it squeeze out you'll have plenty of time to clean it up, this will make sure you don't end up with inclusions (at least it will help). I used to tape the stock off, I don't even bother now, some wd40 on a rag or qtip takes it right off.

Of course then the fun starts cleaning up the inside,a mill helps a lot here.

Galaxy S3 on tapatalk

I use Devcon, 'cause I picked up a 25lb pail of it for cheap.

+1 for Devcon.

Great stuff and my favorite bedding material so far.