• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bedding questions for MK II owners.

Patrick_S

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2006
Lunenburg, VT
So I just picked up a MK II FV and have ordered a Sharp Shooter Supply Laminate stock for it. I have some questions about bedding.

1: Did you bed your MK II?
2: Pillar, Epoxy or both?
3: In reference to no. 2, Why did you choose the route that you did?

Im thinking about just pillar bedding it, but I am wondering if going the extra step with epoxy is worth in on the little .22.

p.s. Id like to see pics of your bedding jobs.

Re: Bedding questions for MK II owners.

66 views and only one reply....oh well. I have ordered some aluminum pillars, wish me luck.

If you read carefully the post just after your first one....everything said in a nice writeup on the link.. what do you want more :p

I didn't do anything except to insert a shim in front of the action screw to jack the sporter-weight barrel up and out of the barrel channel in the factory plastic stock, to float it. Accuracy improved overall, but I found that the rifle's ammo preference also changed.

I'm not seeking the ultimate accuracy, simply a consistent demonstration of the rifle's potential. When I can deliver it on demand, I know I'm up to par, and when I can't, I know I need to settle down and get it right. More than this is not necessary to my practice/training regimen, and demanding better gets expensive and frustrating in a hurry. That's not something I need in my shooting experience.

Greg

It's amazing sometime how a simple change can alter or help to the entire way the rifle shoot!!

Greg, that's the type of performance I am looking for. This isn't to be a BR gun. I am considering just pillar bedding the stock to protect it more than anything. Thanks