• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bedding scope rings

jaybic

Private
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2017
rochester mn
Hello,

Just curious, is anyone finding it necessary or advantageous to bed a Spuhr mount. I am getting ready to be my scope into a set of Seekins rings(and have done so before) but was just curious.

Also, do any of you that be rings rough up the bottom ring with sandpaper prior or no?

Thanks,

Jamie

Nobody that I know of beds a Spuhr mount, there are thousands out there that run without issue.
Waste of time.

Also when you say sand, i believe you're talking about lapping the rings, that is a dated method. With high quality parts today, it's not needed, maybe if you buy old or cheaper scope rings that's just bare metal and is very slick.

Lapping rings is not to " rough" them up or make them less slick. It's to create a uniform mounting surfaces for both the front and rear, together, to get complete contact with the scope body.

Reactions: SneakyDingo1
The only thing i have ever seen is Rosin in the spuhr scope rings/mounts. And i rarely ever hear of dudes doing that.

Screenshot_20200329-211948_Drive.jpg

Perfect...no bedding on the Spuhr.....thanks folks. As far as doing the rings, I am not talking about lapping them as in with a lapping bar but simply roughing up the lower ring halves to give the bedding compound something to stick to, some "traction" if you will. They are Seekins rings so I dont know if they are the "quality" type that dont need to be bedded. Thanks again for the info folks!