• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bedding threads for Mark II and marlins?

Nocalphoenix

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2008
Montana
Are there any past threads on here or links anyplace else for bedding the Mark II and marlins? I have plenty of bedding experience on centerfires but I keep hearing the rimfires are more sensitive to minor variations. I generally use William Roscoes method for bedding that is stickied on the gunsmith page.

My google-fu is weak, I have scoured the net for the last two days looking for clean pictures of the stock interiors and what surfaces need to be bedded but have not really turned up anything. Even using the custom google search engine for the hide turns up a billion hits on savage and bedding but nothing that was too helpful.

Thanks guys, the rimfire bug has bit badly and even though I will just be banging steel and rocks I want to maximize performance.

Re: Bedding threads for Mark II and marlins?

I bedded my Marlin 917v with Devcon in the normal fashion. I didn’t notice any positive or negative results. Once I get home I’ll take some pictures of my betting job so you can see.

Re: Bedding threads for Mark II and marlins?

Thanks Oosickness, I might be going the marlin xt route pretty soon and when I tear into it I will try to get enough pictures to make it worth a new thread.