• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bedside/Nightstand Gun Safe

bassani

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2011
Mandeville, LA
Basically child proofing safe is what I am looking for with regards to this safe.

I dont know if the fingerprint access ones are reliable but that would be a nice feature.

If you have one or had personal experiences with these types of safes, I would appreciate any input on the do's and don'ts as well as solid companies

Re: Bedside/Nightstand Gun Safe

I would recomend Gunvault Safes. I have never been let down by mine. I also have one made by Winchester that I am always fixing so I don't think you should go that route. Both use a fingerpad combo with 4 digits that is very easy to operate. I have them located throughout my house which is the next best option to always having a weapon on me.

+1 on the gunvault. It has not failed me yet. Be sure to check yours by banging on the door - there were some reports a while back that it could be opened that way. Mine does not have that fault.

I have the gunvault and it has never let me down. I would stay away from the ones with fingerprint access. There are to many things that could go wrong with them.

I have a gun vault, but I never use it.

My gun is always with me, and at night it is right on the nightstand. It's allot quicker to access a gun on the nightstand than it is to open a safe first, then if under stress you can't get it open the first time.

Now for the wife to have access to a gun and have one near her I have some around the house for her, because she doesn't like carrying around the house. In that case a gun close by is better than a gun upstairs.

I too have been looking into a nice nightstand safe. It seems a lot of people do suggest Gunvault. I have tried to find info on construction of the safes such as how weld points look on them or how easy they could be pryed into. I will say I am looking for one not for the aspect of stopping someone from stealing it but to keep my youngin away from it until he is old enough to know.

There is a brand of quick access wall safe advertised in Handgunner. I believe it's made by TAD. They aren't Ft Knox but they look like they'll get the job done.