• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

been offerred brass, what's it worth?

goldeneagle76

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2010
Delaware
been offerred this...what should I offer for it? Want to be fair to the guy.
72 pcs LC 93 Match Grade, Deprime, sized
108 pcs LC 94 Match Grade, Deprimed, sized
68 pcs LC 91 Match Grade, Deprimed, sized
76 pcs LC 90 Deprimed, sized, primer pocket reamed
19 pcs R-P 308 WCF brass once fired
38 pcs WW 308 brass once fired
43 pcs LC 90 sized, trimmed, primer pocket reamer, primed with Remington large rifle primers

70-85 Remington core-lokt 165 grn soft points for mid range deer hunting

Re: been offerred brass, what's it worth?

With all that variation...not good for match use. Max 10 cents each. I'd aim (!) for about 6 cents. Bullets...12 cents. JMHO

I think the seller should "cry all the way to the bank" if you gave him $50. I don't think you'd be screwing him @ $30-35.

.308 brass $20 a hundred. The match brass I think was $40 a hundred last time I saw it on gibrass.com. Natchez is selling the 165 psp for $27 a hundred. Order price is about $160.00 plus shipping online. $100 of that is if I remember the price of the Match brass.

I'd agree with $20 (75 at $27 a hundred) on the bullets but I don't know If I'd go $140 for the brass. I'd offer $80 on the brass and $20 for the bullets.

Couple posts popped up since I read this. Maybe I'm too generous on the brass.

Honestly, for my money, there's too much variation relative to the overall amount. I wouldn't buy any of it and if given to me, it would all go in the brass recycle bin for it's scrap value.

For reference: I have 6000pcs of '07/'08 LCLR brass and that's all I use for .308. It simply comes down to consistency and having only one type of brass is just one less factor.

+1 on what high binder said.

The other trouble is that you dont who did the re sizing and other work. Did he? did he get them all sized right? Everything consistent? Personally I prefer to do that myself so I KNOW what I am getting. I am not saying that you shouldnt grab it but am saying that it may not be worth the trouble in the end.

If I was going to buy that many pieces of brass, total, it would have to be all the same headstamp. Too much variation, pass it up.

Paul