• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Before I drop the money - will this work?

CharlieTN

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2010
Tenneseee, USA
Running a Rem 700 in a Bell & Carlson M40 Medalist. I would like to upgrade to a DBM and was thinking about getting the PTG bottom metal.

PTG Short Action Stealth Detach Mag Bottom Metal M5 Style [N3861324] - $75.00 : Pacific Tool & Gauge, Inc. - Store Home, Redefining Quality in Manufacturing

Will this work with some inletting on the M40 Medalist stock?

And by reading the description it looks like I need the basic AICS mags, not the AX model. Is this correct?

Thank you. Just wanting to make sure I'm ordering the correct parts.

Charlie

Should work. If I were doing it, I would use cdi precision for the DBM and inlet, they are cheap and great to work with. Yes, you use the single stack standard AI. You can even have the stock shipped directly to them saving you extra shipping.

I like the PT&G too. It's a replica of the Badger M5 and it's crazy cheap. It's on sale now for 75$. It'll work on that stock just fine but you'll have to either inlet it yourself or find someone who will do it for you. It's more than my uncoordinated hands can handle on a brand new 250$ stock.

I have the same one in my B&C Medalist Hook stock. I did the in-letting myself....its more work than you think but it was worth it because I like doing all my own work. Buy 2 long screws to attach the DBM to the action through the stock so that you line everything up right. I skipped that step and had to make up for it with extra in-letting and some bedding. The system works very well and wasn't terrible to install.

I used the same PTG DBM and B&C stock with my AAC-SD for a little bit and it worked quite well. I ended up sending everything to GA Precision and even though their lead time was longer than CDI's, the total cost for everything done ended up being cheaper in the long run. GA Precision charges $75 for inletting and CDI charges $65 last time I checked but you have to buy CDI's DBM that's $209 and like one of the above posts pointed out you can get PTG DBM's for under $100. As far as magazines go you have to use standard AICS magazines, the AX magazines will not because of the front lip. I think the PTG and B&C stock combo is a great value for the budget conscious shooter, good luck.