• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Begara quality

Marcfflsot

Private
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2019
Purchased a wilderness terrain in 300 win mag for a customer. Was removing muzzle break by hand and barrel unscrewed from action. I was going to start stocking these since remingtons are I'm pause mode. This is totally unacceptable. Someone in quality control and the assembly tech need to be fired. They gonna have to do more than fix it to regain my business.

Attachments

• 20210206_054010.jpg
    20210206_054010.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 621
  • 20210206_052946.jpg
    20210206_052946.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 565
i purchased a 300PRC HMR PRO. the thread protector took a tool to remove it. and while removing it there was nothing but grit underneath.

i've had multiple people try the action on it. it feels like a 400 dollar rifle bubba the smith put together. I should have bought another Tikka

i purchased a 300PRC HMR PRO. the thread protector took a tool to remove it. and while removing it there was nothing but grit underneath.

i've had multiple people try the action on it. it feels like a 400 dollar rifle bubba the smith put together. I should have bought another Tikka
Wow, not my experience at all. I have all the ones I posted above plus, several family members have several as well. Everyone I know are quite pleased with Bergara.

Purchased a wilderness terrain in 300 win mag for a customer. Was removing muzzle break by hand and barrel unscrewed from action. I was going to start stocking these since remingtons are I'm pause mode. This is totally unacceptable. Someone in quality control and the assembly tech need to be fired. They gonna have to do more than fix it to regain my business.
What did your rep say when you called and discussed?
Your first post is flaming a very well known maker?

Last edited:
Reactions: CarbonMTN

As a tikka owner you should have know better 🤦🏽‍♂️

I have ALOT of Bergaras and I’m extremely pleased with mine. Premier LRP Elite, Premier Highlander, B14 HMR, and B14 Ridge SP. All have been fantastic.
How many came with hand tight barrels.

I’ve seen this exact issue from them before. On here I believe.

That being said my two Bergaras are awesome.

I have an HMR Pro in 6.5CM. Shoots great and Runs like grease on glass. No issues.

Give them a call, they will get you squared away. When I have reached out, they have been accommodating.

I love my B14 HMR dang that's too bad. I have spoken with Chad at Bergara a couple of times on here very responsive I'll be hard pressed not to buy more Bergara rifles in the future given the way mine shoots.

Reactions: T-TurtleWang
I’m sure given the opportunity Bergara would make that right.
I’m on my second rifle from that maker and they are reliable shooters.

Thats weird, I switched to Bergara after 2 Tikka TX3s I had cracked at almost the same spot where the barrel threads into the action. About the 10 o'clock position if you're looking at the muzzle end. Sucks because the action was very smooth.

That's funny. I have 2 $400 rifles and a Bergara b-14. The Bergara isn't the smoothest action I've ever handled but it sure as hell is much better than the $400 rifles I own.

Why haven't you sold the Bergara if you hate it so much?

I was less than impressed with Bergara's response to my HMRs bolt issue.
I never fired the gun.
Customer service basically said "yeah, you could try lapping it"
Uh, FUCK YOU!

I said that it was going to take more than that. They said send it in, but I was burned, and not in the mood. My LGS simply refunded my $, and took it out of my name.
I keep seeing "Send it back, they'll make it right!"
I understand manufacturing, and I understand things happen, but what I'm seeing is a 100% lack of QC checks.
Guns are NOT being assembled correctly, and they are NOT being checked. I don't want to send it back, I want it right the first time. That's not too much to ask from a firearms MFG. It's not like we're complaining about the consistency of potato chips. It's a firearm. Inspect the damn thing before it leaves the facility!

I honestly question if they have a QC department, and if ANYONE actually inspects the rifles before they leave the factory.

95833431218542356946.jpg

76094325576330255630.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 338dude
The Bergara I have is very smooth. I have had several students in my precision classes running them without a problem. I function check each rifle and they have all been smooth cycling and they have grouped well for the participants. Every maker lets one slip by with a problem at times; they are not hand built customs.

Reactions: Anonymoose
I never fired the gun.
Uh, FUCK YOU!

I said that it was going to take more than that. They said send it in, but I was burned, and not in the mood. My LGS simply refunded my $, and took it out of my name.

I honestly question if they have a QC department, and if ANYONE actually inspects the rifles before they leave the factory.

95833431218542356946.jpg

76094325576330255630.jpg
Yikes! That happened from working the bolt? Unfortunate response from the CS department. That's BS.

Reactions: 338dude and Hegre
The Bergara I have is very smooth. I have had several students in my precision classes running them without a problem. I function check each rifle and they have all been smooth cycling and they have grouped well for the participants. Every maker lets one slip by with a problem at times; they are not hand built customs.
No, they're not hand built customs, but the issues are too common for them to be handling business in the QC department. Surely there's an assembly process with torque specs, yeah? How is that being missed?

I personally thing quality, and qc just isn't what it should be from any off the shelf rifle. Tikka or Bergara.

You shouldn't have to buy a custom gun just to be sure the MF'n barrel was tightened.

Seriously? Are Bergera issues "protected" from being discussed?
Are any manufacturer's? They shouldn't be. There seems to be an aggressive hate for Bergara by some members here which causes one to raise an eyebrow when a brand new member with one post says something this inflammatory. It's like someone's girlfriend left them because the other guy had a more popular pickup truck. Bergara mass produces a pretty decent rifle and with mass production of this scale mistakes can happen. Bergara should be held to a higher standard, I agree on that. Especially when it comes to customer service (bolt issue above). Mistakes happen in manufacturing, how they are handled determines the fate of the company.

Minimize manufacturing errors and if an error arises, exceed the customer's expectations in resolving the issue.

Are any manufacturer's? They shouldn't be. There seems to be an aggressive hate for Bergara by some members here which causes one to raise an eyebrow when a brand new member with one post says something this inflammatory. It's like someone's girlfriend left them because the other guy had a more popular pickup truck. Bergara mass produces a pretty decent rifle and with mass production of this scale mistakes can happen. Bergara should be held to a higher standard, I agree on that. Especially when it comes to customer service (bolt issue above). Mistakes happen in manufacturing, how they are handled determines the fate of the company.

Minimize manufacturing errors and if an error arises, exceed the customer's expectations in resolving the issue.

Satisfaction is a mental state that results from confirmation or disconfirmation of expectations and prior feelings about experiences with a service (Parasuraman et al. 1988).

I find OP's and many of the other complaints fair, realistic and damning. Not on the hate train for Bergera. If their complaints weren't realistic such as "my off the shelf 499 Dick's Special won't make 5 shot 1/2 inch groups I'd raise an eyebrow. Seen it in other industries my favorite is logging/wood processing. Take complaints with a grain of salt, even on here unless the complaints are fair and make sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goathead1096
Satisfaction is a mental state that results from confirmation or disconfirmation of expectations and prior feelings about experiences with a service (Parasuraman et al. 1988).

I find OP's and many of the other complaints fair and realistic and not on the hate train for Bergera. If their complaints weren't realistic such as "my off the shelf 499 Dick's Special won't make 5 shot 1/2 inch groups I'd raise an eyebrow. Seen it in other industries my favorite is logging/wood processing.
👍

Hi,

So you are able to purchase direct from bergara or did you purchase from distributor?

I ask because going off your picture of the rifle on your kitchen table you are more than likely a pretty small ffl dealer.

Unless you bought it direct from bergara I don't look for them to do more than make it right to regain your business....

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: 2weeltom
And what if one or all did? Would you still be here trying to dismiss OP’s frustrations?
Well, OP admittedly has a sample size of one rifle correct? Pretty big leap to think ALL my rifles would have that issue. However, if one did, I would send it back to Bergara for repair. All firearms manufacturers have issues from time to time. That’s just part of mass production.

Reactions: 308pirate
Well, OP admittedly has a sample size of one rifle correct? Pretty big leap to think ALL my rifles would have that issue. However, if one did, I would send it back to Bergara for repair. All firearms manufacturers have issues from time to time. That’s just part of mass production.
I wasn’t leaping, or thinking anything. I was asking you a theoretical question.
It’s not secret that OP isn’t the first to have had this exact problem with a Bergara rifle. You’re sample size of 3 pales in comparison to the number people who HAVE had problems.
NOT all firearms manufacturers have problems from time to time, because NOT all firearms manufacturers are mass producers.

Hi,

So you are able to purchase direct from bergara or did you purchase from distributor?

I ask because going off your picture of the rifle on your kitchen table you are more than likely a pretty small ffl dealer.

Unless you bought it direct from bergara I don't look for them to do more than make it right to regain your business....

Sincerely,
Theis
What exactly is your point? What else would they be obligated to do?

That unless you purchased the rifle from the factory in Spain that they have no further obligation?

Regardless if you got it from Bergara directly, or from a distributor, the same expectations should come with it.

I'd also go as far to say that the issues I've seen should extend far past the original purchase, and should border on lifetime.

At no time should a barrel come loose if it was torqued correctly.
At no time should a bolt shroud just shatter.
At no time should bolt lugs be soft enough to gall like pictured.

What exactly is your point? What else would they be obligated to do?

That unless you purchased the rifle from the factory in Spain that they have no further obligation?

Regardless if you got it from Bergara directly, or from a distributor, the same expectations should come with it.

I'd also go as far to say that the issues I've seen should extend far past the original purchase, and should border on lifetime.

At no time should a barrel come loose if it was torqued correctly.
At no time should a bolt shroud just shatter.
At no time should bolt lugs be soft enough to gall like pictured.
Unless he bought it direct from Bergara, Bergara is well within their right to tell him to deal with his distributor. The distributor will the deal with Bergara.

Reactions: AfraidKnot
Hi,

My point is and you are clearly clueless lol..

Why should manufacturer be held responsible for shit that a damn mouth breathing idiot at distributor did while finger fucking the rifle.

Also you do know their rifles don't come into USA and go straight to distributor or dealers right?? The go to USA Bergara facility so Spain has zero to do with anything.

Also you do know that distributors fire inventory, compliance and warehouse workers every quarter for shit from finger fucking all the way through purposely messing stuff up because they are fanboys of another manufacturer right?

There is a reason some manufacturers deal exclusively with a single, specific distributor channel instead of all them.

The fact that you do not know and/or realize such shows all your knowledge of the firearms industry is single sided.

The fact the OP states the manufacturer needs to do MORE than just make it right to keep his business....tells me everything I need to know.
Exactly what else does he want them to do?
Especially if he purchased from elsewhere....

Sincerely,
Theis

I wasn’t leaping, or thinking anything. I was asking you a theoretical question.
It’s not secret that OP isn’t the first to have had this exact problem with a Bergara rifle. You’re sample size of 3 pales in comparison to the number people who HAVE had problems.
NOT all firearms manufacturers have problems from time to time, because NOT all firearms manufacturers are mass producers.
You are right, not ALL are mass producers, but for sub $1k, they are. Which is what the OPs rifle is. All of them have issues that pop up. Tikka bolts breaking for example. Just seems like a lot of Bergara bashing in this thread and I for one, am very happy with my rifles from them. That’s all I’m trying to say. I’m not a shareholder or employee but am a happy customer and I’m happy to tell people so.
I understand that my rifles are not representative of the whole of production but how many happy customers are there for every one that is dissatisfied? We will never really know, but I’m willing to bet it’s a great great majority.

Hi,

My point is and you are clearly clueless lol..

Why should manufacturer be held responsible for shit that a damn mouth breathing idiot at distributor did while finger fucking the rifle.

Also you do know their rifles don't come into USA and go straight to distributor or dealers right?? The go to USA Bergara facility so Spain has zero to do with anything.

Also you do know that distributors fire inventory, compliance and warehouse workers every quarter for shit from finger fucking all the way through purposely messing stuff up because they are fanboys of another manufacturer right?

There is a reason some manufacturers deal exclusively with a single, specific distributor channel instead of all them.

The fact that you do not know and/or realize such shows all your knowledge of the firearms industry is single sided.

The fact the OP states the manufacturer needs to do MORE than just make it right to keep his business....tells me everything I need to know.
Exactly what else does he want them to do?
Especially if he purchased from elsewhere....

Sincerely,
Theis
Crawfish all you want, but NONE of the issues listed here could be traced to a distributor, unless they started untorquing barrels.
Seen a lot of that have ya?

Crawfish all you want, but NONE of the issues listed here could be traced to a distributor, unless they started untorquing barrels.
And what if they had?

Btw, I have 4, brother has 2, brother in law has 1, cousin has 2. Still a small sample but no real issues.

I had one also that had no issues either. The bolt shroud was replaced by my distributor before it was even an issue, and we spent hours talking in his garage about everything from sports cars to politics.

To be clear, I totally understand frustration with a rifle that is bunged up from the factory, distributor, whatever, that sucks. However, it happens. It happens to every manufacturer and I’m sure Bergara would be willing to make it right. Just don’t understand how an FFL would go on here and claim he was considering stocking a product, gets a sample size of exactly 1 and decides to crap on the company on a forum. Seems a bit knee jerk imho.

Hi,

LOLOLOL I have not crawfished once...
I simply (well complex to you) listed out industry experience....what do you do for a living, lol?
How many audits/investigations have you conducted at firearm distributors for DDTC (Because upon Customs Exodus team inspections the wrong or severely tampered with item is being exported), at request of Insurance Companies, Manufacturers, etc??

IF mfg torqued barrels to 500ft/lbs then someone would bitch about they too hard to get off...LOLOL

Edited To Add:
YES I have seen that and lots more in regards to what distributor employees will do.
Just ask RSR CEO about why they stopped exporting firearms several years back....because I was directly involved in that situation and it way way worse than someone messing with barrels...

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Reactions: CrabsandFootball
I never fired the gun.
Uh, FUCK YOU!

I keep seeing "Send it back, they'll make it right!"
I understand manufacturing, and I understand things happen, but what I'm seeing is a 100% lack of QC checks.
Guns are NOT being assembled correctly, and they are NOT being checked. I don't want to send it back, I want it right the first time. That's not too much to ask from a firearms MFG. It's not like we're complaining about the consistency of potato chips. It's a firearm. Inspect the damn thing before it leaves the facility!

95833431218542356946.jpg

76094325576330255630.jpg

Is that a mold mark on the bottom of the bolt lug? Bergara uses cast bolts?