• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Beginner info

dmess

Private
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2009
PA
Hello to all,

I am a new member on here. I am not new to shooting but am new to reloading. I would like to learn and read as much as I can before I buy the equipment and try it out. I was hoping to find a book or books, articles etc. on the basics of reloading specifically for long range shooting. It would be also helpful to read up on BC and fine tuning the variables to get the perfect load for the rifle.

Thanks

Re: Beginner info

Lyman's manual has a lot of info, as does Sierra's. Sierra's website may have useful info. An advanced read is Glen Zediker's <span style="text-decoration: underline">Handloading for Competition</span>.

Do searches on Optimum Charge Weight and Audette's Ladder Method for load development.

You can try this one for the long range reloading info.
Extreme Rifle Accuracy

or you could go with The ABC's of Reloading.

Now for actual load info you can get one of the manuals from the bullet manufacturers like Hornady, Sierra, and Lyman (but they don't make bullets).

Try to find someone you can ask questions at just about anytime. I found that helped me alot. You will come across something when you are new that isn't in a book, or it could be and I just didn't read it.

Thanks for the warm welcome gents. I will be sure to read up on the suggestions here. Appreciate it.

You can never have too many books. The Lymans and ABC's are good. There are two books I keep going back to re-read.
Handloading for Competition, Making the Target Bigger by Glen D. Zediker
Precision Shooting Reloading Guide by Dave Brennan

Zediker's book is packed with incredible info, but a difficult book to read I think.