• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Beginning of the end of .308?

And some people still use horses to get around.

1525894222516.png

Not a ghey looking guy in the bunch, manly men that like poontang but only as long as it aint on Sabbath.

LOL, no doubt.

If the military moves away from the.308 there will be some benefits though. From the google, it looks like the Army is considering a 6.5 or 6.8mm bullet. I bet if the Army goes with the 6.5CM the .308 will be done.

" I bet if the Army goes with the 6.5CM the .308 will be done. "

No. I'd assume precision rifles only make up a tiny fraction of Mil 7.62 weapons.

Reactions: Basher
" I bet if the Army goes with the 6.5CM the .308 will be done. "

No. I'd assume precision rifles only make up a tiny fraction of Mil 7.62 weapons.

I thought the Army is looking for something to replace the M4 with? I might be confused but in the articles talking about the M4 replacement, the 6.5/6.8mm calibers are mentioned.

Apparently, most gay precision rifle shooters prefer it to the.308 according to the internet. I like it but I'm not gay, yet.

6.5 CM is not a vector for Ghey.

.308 is a virulent carrier.

Its only safe around me and my modified genes reffered to as testicleRNA.

FGMM 175 is the most dangerous PM where to send it.

LOL.

The .30-06 hasn't been fielded by the military in decades, but commercial sales of it are still fine. There are a metric crap ton of firearms chambered for the .308, which is still a fine cartridge when used within it's limits. I don't see it ever going away.

Reactions: DOA and Bender
There is so much in the supply chain for .30 caliber rounds it would be huge to try to change around.
Kind of why we went 30-06, 300WM, .308 then .300 Norma

Ya’ll just wait till that new 7mmTactical comes out. You’ll be selling your 6.5 creedmoors.

If a .308 is considered gay, I'd hate to see what a flaming faggot round looks like.

No one said .308 is ghey, it just makes you ghey.

Now this is a flaming faggot round.

Last edited:
Great idea......maybe it'll free up some of the good 7.62 ammo.......I'll take all the M118LR that they can come up with......or that I can afford.......

For some odd reason my best score was using .308.

Very talented airgunner there! Shame he wears white gloves like a pretencious cunt.

This thread....

https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...just-shoot-my-mouth-off-thread.6329052/page-3

Post #126.

Maser
Sekai de Ichiban
Ohime-sama

Mar 29, 2017 #126

^_^

"My question is for chuggaconroy: How do you do such good Let's Plays despite crippling autism?" - Slowbeef (SA)
"Perhaps people, and kids especially, are spoiled today, because all the kids today have cars, it seems. When I was young you were lucky to have a bike." - James Cagney

I agree with MtnCreek; my guess is 6.5 Creedmoor. But they have a ton of .308s. Wonder what they plan on doing with all of those guns.

Reactions: AndreC
This thread....

https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...just-shoot-my-mouth-off-thread.6329052/page-3

Post #126.

Maser
Sekai de Ichiban
Ohime-sama

Mar 29, 2017 #126

^_^

"My question is for chuggaconroy: How do you do such good Let's Plays despite crippling autism?" - Slowbeef (SA)
"Perhaps people, and kids especially, are spoiled today, because all the kids today have cars, it seems. When I was young you were lucky to have a bike." - James Cagney

Can I fuck you? ;)

Being quite familiar with Government contracting I think I can shed some light on how this works. Let me lay out a timeline:

2018 - Army begins evaluating cartridge to replace 7.62
2023 – Army narrows possible replacement cartridge down to 5 semi-finalists
2027 – Army selects new replacement cartridge
2032 – Replacement cartridge begins field trials by select SpecOps teams
2037 – Cartridge is rolled out to all SpecOps for use based on individual user preference
2042 – Cartridge is officially selected as the DMR cartridge
2043 – Army begins evaluating cartridge to replace…

P.s. The .30-06 is now 112 years old and although relegated to very niche roles is still in use by the U.S. Military. The 7.62 (.308) will long outlive all of us.

Being quite familiar with Government contracting I think I can shed some light on how this works. Let me lay out a timeline:

2018 - Army begins evaluating cartridge to replace 7.62
2023 – Army narrows possible replacement cartridge down to 5 semi-finalists
2027 – Army selects new replacement cartridge
2032 – Replacement cartridge begins field trials by select SpecOps teams
2037 – Cartridge is rolled out to all SpecOps for use based on individual user preference
2042 – Cartridge is officially selected as the DMR cartridge
2043 – Army begins evaluating cartridge to replace…

P.s. The .30-06 is now 112 years old and although relegated to very niche roles is still in use by the U.S. Military. The 7.62 (.308) will long outlive all of us.

Impossible look how quickly they picked a new pistol...........

It matters little what the Military goes to, as they don't properly teach the bulk to shoot in the first place. Looks to me like they get more time learning/training to be anything but a marksman on a two way. So clue me as how a new whizzbang gucci rd is better in a normal engagement, over the .308? If they are replacing the 5.56 that's something else but the bottom line is, if they can't shoot on a one way, they damn sure will not improve on a two way no matter what they use, save Tac-Air or Arty.