• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Being taken??

dcoil

Private
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2012
I tried searching for this but didn't find anything. I have a friend that is having an AR built that includes a Nightforce NXS scope. As with most of the parts of the build, the scope is a 'special only available to military and law enforcement'. It has special glass, a special shock tube, etc. They are charging him about 50% more than the retail for this 'can't be had by normal people' scope. I have looked everywhere but I cannot find any reference that Nightforce offers anything not available on their web site. Does anyone have any knowledge of such scopes, or is he being taken?

Re: Being taken??

Here is an image

F1ARMY-SPEC.jpg

NF sells scope to Crane to be used SEALs, Rangers, etc... this is the model they most commonly use.

I appreciate the quick info! Good to know about these - I feel much better.

you have to be educated before letting alot of these hacks work on your gun.
my friend went to a local gun shop to have his barrel threaded and a railed handguard installed so he could mount a laser genetics light.
the douche bags completely donked him and fortunatly he told me what they were telling him , so I went back to the store with him and confronted them . in the end he paid for the barrel threading but they took back the double priced handguard and not needed quad rail gas block and returned his m-16 bolt carrier. ( they told him it was illegal since it was an m-16 carrier ) I ask them if they changed the bolt carrier out in every colt rifle that they sold lol that brought a blank stare . in the end I installed a houge overmold handguard and drilled and tapped a short rail to it for him to mount his light. then installed a yankee hill flip front sight . all done for less than half what they were trying to milk him for minus the cost of threading the barrel and labor.

Nightforce makes a dedicated MIL-SPEC product that differs from the commercial NXS product. The scopes will have engraving on the bottom of the saddle to the effect of MIL-SPEC, ARMY-SPECF1, NAV-SPEC, USASFC, and US ARMY like the one shown in the above post.

There are about 5 or 6 NAV-SPEC scopes that have made it out on the commercial market that have been said to bring a premium by the folks that want to build true spec clones.

Recently, Nightforce released a small over run of ARMY-SPECF1's to the commercial market. Other than those, the MIL-SPEC scopes are very rare on the commercial market.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Raptor6.8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I tried searching for this but didn't find anything. I have a friend that is having an AR built that includes a Nightforce NXS scope. As with most of the parts of the build, the scope is a 'special only available to military and law enforcement'. It has special glass, a special shock tube, etc. They are charging him about 50% more than the retail for this 'can't be had by normal people' scope. I have looked everywhere but I cannot find any reference that Nightforce offers anything not available on their web site. Does anyone have any knowledge of such scopes, or is he being taken? </div></div>

there will always be some models in a manufactures line up that are a better value and others that will be priced at a premium, this can be considered the cost of failing to educate oneself before buying, getting taken, or paying a stupid tax