• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Beirut in 4K

9B2B8EC1-4D17-4545-9CFE-11611895A720.png

If you set the playback speed to .25 (video repeats slower each time) by the last replay you can really see how destructive that shockwave is.

Dude like 100k people went homeless bc of this shit. I wouldn’t call it awesome.

Well 300,000, 6500 injuries and only 240 deaths (seriously?) but who's counting? What's more fucked up is that it happened in 2020, like seventy years after Texas City, where the same exact thing happened.

But yeah, it is kind of awesome if you grew up basically addicted to hydrogen bomb tests. Only high def image I'm aware of that exists of a no-shit 1+kt blast. It's 1/4th the largest non-nuclear blast ever, which was estimated at 4kt and was actually used to simulate a nuclear blast.

To put this in perspective, that blast is 1 for 1 equivalent to a "low yield" (the smallest actually) tactical nuke. So if you ever wanted to know what it'd look like to set off a small nuke in a city, well, you've seen it now more or less minus the flash. What amazes me is it didn't do more damage but it looks like it a lot of the blast was directed up --a nuke would be intentionally airburst at the appropriate height to generate a shrike on ground (blast functions like a bulldozer blade on the ground, less wasted energy).

They could probably nickname Beirut "tea kettle city" now that everyone there has tinnitus.

Look up West, Texas explosion. Small town got rocked by the same thing just a few years ago.

First of all, that wasn't a bomb blast. That is what happens when you shoot a .50 BMG 'near' someone's head. (So's I've been told by numerious authorities).

Second, this too is comparable to the Halifax Explosion of a century ago.

Well 300,000, 6500 injuries and only 240 deaths (seriously?) but who's counting? What's more fucked up is that it happened in 2020, like seventy years after Texas City, where the same exact thing happened.

But yeah, it is kind of awesome if you grew up basically addicted to hydrogen bomb tests. Only high def image I'm aware of that exists of a no-shit 1+kt blast. It's 1/4th the largest non-nuclear blast ever, which was estimated at 4kt and was actually used to simulate a nuclear blast.

To put this in perspective, that blast is 1 for 1 equivalent to a "low yield" (the smallest actually) tactical nuke. So if you ever wanted to know what it'd look like to set off a small nuke in a city, well, you've seen it now more or less minus the flash. What amazes me is it didn't do more damage but it looks like it a lot of the blast was directed up --a nuke would be intentionally airburst at the appropriate height to generate a shrike on ground (blast functions like a bulldozer blade on the ground, less wasted energy).

They could probably nickname Beirut "tea kettle city" now that everyone there has tinnitus.
Did you ever get the dvd called “the atomic bomb movie”? Remastered and cleaned up all the cool old test films from the 40s and 50’s.

High def sound and great video. Worth watching!

Look up West, Texas explosion. Small town got rocked by the same thing just a few years ago.
There was also the Nevada blast from the 1980s at what was the shuttle program oxidizer plant. There is a long video of the forensic investigation of the explosion. Huge blast near Vegas.

Texas City and Halifax are also incredible stories of compounding errors and bad consequences.

Beirut was just a ticking bomb. And with the lessons from 100 years since Halifax... avoidable 100 percent.

Sirhr

There was also the Nevada blast from the 1980s at what was the shuttle program oxidizer plant. There is a long video of the forensic investigation of the explosion. Huge blast near Vegas.

Texas City and Halifax are also incredible stories of compounding errors and bad consequences.

Beirut was just a ticking bomb. And with the lessons from 100 years since Halifax... avoidable 100 percent.

Sirhr
Henderson NV.

I that an optical illusion thing or did those buildings flex like that?
View attachment 7509954
I had the same question... wondered if it was an initial blast wave or maybe something in the camera. If there was a blast wave travelling towards the camera, the differing pressures of the air could have distorted things. Sort of a 'lens' made of air.

It was a really interesting anomaly and I am trying to figure it out, too.

Sirhr

And that camera was just accidentally, on purpose aimed right at it. Whoever was behind the camera got a little surprise. Looked rather nasty.
The original fire and mini-explosions had been raging for a while before it blew up.

Reactions: 2ndamendfan
Dude like 100k people went homeless bc of this shit. I wouldn’t call it awesome.

Cry us a river. It was 300k who went homeless. And as for adjectives... why don't we settle on Hilarious.

They stored fertilizer that should have gone to improving their ag and their farmers lives in a warehouse for years... in a massive graft operation sucking off the U.S.'s generosity while screwing their own Lebanese farming population (many of whom are persecuted Druse and Christians). Then they had a 'fireworks' factory in the building. Which is probably code for a bomb or rocket factory that made stuff to rain on Israel or, worse, us.

Then they blew up half their own City because of predictable stupidity that the aforementioned episodes (starting with Halifax) should have provided the historical guideposts that, taken to heart, could prevented it. But instead, someone was probably holding it for ransom or planning to sell it for personal profit. If the world is lucky, the perp was standing in the front yard next to his Mercedes S-Class stretch screaming at the poor firemen to put his retirement fund out faster..

300K? Let them go live in the old US Marine Barracks. Oh, wait... Nevermind.

Screw them and the fertilizer bomb they built.

Sirhr

Cry us a river. It was 300k who went homeless. And as for adjectives... why don't we settle on Hilarious.

They stored fertilizer that should have gone to improving their ag and their farmers lives in a warehouse for years... in a massive graft operation sucking off the U.S.'s generosity while screwing their own Lebanese farming population (many of whom are persecuted Druse and Christians). Then they had a 'fireworks' factory in the building. Which is probably code for a bomb or rocket factory that made stuff to rain on Israel or, worse, us.

Then they blew up half their own City because of predictable stupidity that the aforementioned episodes (starting with Halifax) should have provided the historical guideposts that, taken to heart, could prevented it. But instead, someone was probably holding it for ransom or planning to sell it for personal profit. If the world is lucky, the perp was standing in the front yard next to his Mercedes S-Class stretch screaming at the poor firemen to put his retirement fund out faster..

Sirhr
Not interested in the back story sirhr. I Apologize for an attempt to be somewhat humanitarian.

• Haha
Reactions: Amanda4461
And that camera was just accidentally, on purpose aimed right at it. Whoever was behind the camera got a little surprise. Looked rather nasty.
There's an Australian documentary on the explosion (apparently there are lots of Aussies living there). The camera was the phone of a guy living in a penthouse apartment. He left phone outside to film the fire and wasn't standing there when blast hit.

The blast was estimated at 1 kiloton.

Sirhr

Can we get a "FUCK YOU" up in here, or what?

If THAT ain't an ass raping and make ya say "thank you", I don't know what is. Well executed. That @sirhrmechanic is uh purty darn smart boi. Jimmy, you're show'n yur Cockles. :ROFLMAO:

• Love
Reactions: Lapuapalooza
huge piles of crap do burn
1608804671878.png

I am more surprised the rest of the city did not follow it and combust the flaming pile of dog crap that it is .