• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bell and Carlson for Tikka

6mech

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2012
There doesn't seem to be much out there by way of after market stocks for the Tikkas. Does anybody have one on their T-3 hunter, lite etc? Did you notice difference in accuracy? Are they worth the $$. I have not been able to see one in person, but they do seem more rigid than the factory Tikka stocks. I would like to hear about your experiences with them.

I've spoken to a couple guys that have laid down some serious cash for aftermarket stocks and chassis systems just to find that they have gained nothing as far as accuracy over the factory Tupperware! They look great for sure and have many more options for mounts but that's about it. This is the exact reason why my Tikka is still wearing the factory stock. I can't justify spending the extra coin if it isn't going to shrink my groups or even make them more consistent. Tikka's are just inherently accurate and it's pretty hard to improve upon that. Hope this helps!

You make a good point jd. Thanks for the reply. They do look nice, I guess they would be a good replacement if you broke one somehow.

A matter of personal preference. I bought one for my tikka. Not to improve accuracy, but to improve handling, the way it fit. Definitely fits and feels better. Handles recoil better, too. I'm happy with mine. It was a complete drop in. Shot to point of aim after torquing the action down to the new stock.

I have one on my 270wsm. I like the feel of it better, its a little heavier and the forend is a little wider than the factory stock. The was no noticeable increase in accuracy, so I wouldn't be out the cash if more accuracy is what you are looking for.