• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bell and Carlson Odyssey Style-

Russ257

???
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2009
Lancaster, PA
I have a Bell and Carlson Odyssey Style stock on my 10/22. The barrel is not free floated. Should I just hit the barrel channel with the dremel tool to that it is free floated or what
?

Re: Bell and Carlson Odyssey Style-

I like to use sand paper on a dowl gives a nice even finish

have not used a dremel so cant say what its like

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbateman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like to use sand paper on a dowl gives a nice even finish

have not used a dremel so cant say what its like
</div></div>

+1 It is real easy to over do it with a dremel

How does it shoot? If it's a heavy barrel and you float it the 10/22's can have a problem with the barrel drooping. There are some aftermarket V blocks that are supposed to help but I haven't tried it. Some of the best shooting 10/22's I've seen actually had the barrel bedded and the action floated.

^This. If it shoots, don't mess with it. The 10/22 doesn't necessarily benefit from free-floating, and in some cases, free-floating causes problems.