• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bell & Carlson A2 or 700p take off?

Re: Bell & Carlson A2 or 700p take off?

I have and like the B&C better. It required alittle reliving around the barrel, but nothing alittle sandpaper didn't fix. Otherwise its a very solid stock for $200. Also I can never get a good cheek weld with conventional stocks. I needed the higher comb.

I agree. My B&C Medalist is extremely stiff and well designed for the $225 I paid. The high comb is excellent for a good cheek weld.

What kind of shoes do you like?

Seriously. The difference is going to be personal preference.

Either one will have an equal impact on accuracy.

I prefer the B&C Light Tactical because it has a slimmer pistol grip, butt hook and just feels better.

The H&S is acceptable, but doesn't feel as good to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of shoes do you like?

Seriously. The difference is going to be personal preference.

Either one will have an equal impact on accuracy.

I prefer the B&C Light Tactical because it has a slimmer pistol grip, butt hook and just feels better.

The H&S is acceptable, but doesn't feel as good to me. </div></div>

I have shot a 700p and it felt better then the stock that came on my SPS. But i have never shot or felt a bell&calson a2. For those of you that have one does the BC have any palm swell?

McMillan A2 is a sweet stock as is the A5. B&C's medalist looks close to the McM A2 but the A2 really is nice(as was on the old Winchester Sharpshooter)
I think for most people there is a reason they call the 'take off' HS stock a 'take off', but there are also lots of people who like that stock just fine.
Me, if stocks need to be replaced, I guess it's time to eat raman and go with McMillan