• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bell & Carlson A3 Hook Style Tactical Medalist

Re: Bell & Carlson A3 Hook Style Tactical Medalist

are you refering to the type of stock in the background of this pic?

DSCN06001.JPG

Had one on a 223. Vey nice stocks.

Custom223Leupold312-20-080001.jpg

I love, love mine. Sometimes I wonder why I pay for the more expensive McMillans and Manners.

Picture002-4.jpg

Yep, Poke...what do you think of if?

Thanks Glock and Shooter!

Those are actually two different stocks.

First one pictured is the Remington XCR Tactical.
Second one is the 2956 Lt Tactical.

Both are good stocks, the XCR Tactical stock (only available on the gun) is slimmed down quite a bit compared to the 2956. The 2956 is not a large stock.

I like the 2956 over the XCR due to the forearm being larger, grip is longer (pinky doesn't fall off), front studs are spaced out further, and has the Pac Decel pad on it.

Oh! Thanks for the clarification. The one I was looking at getting was the 2956. That pic on top fooled me....Looks the same to the untrained eye
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GUNNER75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those are actually two different stocks.

Both are good stocks, the XCR Tactical stock (only available on the gun) is slimmed down quite a bit compared to the 2956. The 2956 is not a large stock.

I like the 2956 over the XCR due to the forearm being larger, grip is longer (pinky doesn't fall off), front studs are spaced out further, and has the Pac Decel pad on it. </div></div>

I am sure I have seen it for sale on gunstocks or stocky's by itself

this shit makes me laugh....sometimes i should just sit on my hands.........

but i won't....1st off....welcome 199 to the Hide.....one would be best serve utilizing the search function.....

tactical stock to means something more than just looking tacticool by the poolside....or on the fireplace hearth....or all them other pictures when some take their stick out of the safe and wee all get to see all the safe queens everyone owns.

i have YET to see a B&C stock w/cups mounted where they are needed...namely on the side both front and rear ......cup swivels....this is a preferred method of mounting a sling so as to carry the rifle so the bolt don't hang up or otherwise make it a pain in the ASS or chest to carry....it also is a better way to do a hasty sling or otherwise employ the weapon in an ergonomic fashion....

the cups don't anchor well to the marshmallow FOAM inside these "tactical" stocks....and thus the gunplumbers in the know don't want to fuck up someones build.....

PROVE ME WRONG........................

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 199thINF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep, Poke...what do you think of if?

Thanks Glock and Shooter! </div></div>

LOL wouldnt know, purchased the weapon, took it out of the box, dropped the stock off the action and put everything into the AICS, then put the action that came out of the AICS into the B&C stock, never shouldered it,

who the hell wants to chest carry?
who the hell cares about flush cups and blah, blah , blah?
the man just simply asked a question about a stock.not comparing it to the latest and greatest.
he also didn't name the stock either, B&C did.
maybe you should sit on your hands....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this shit makes me laugh....sometimes i should just sit on my hands.........

but i won't....1st off....welcome 199 to the Hide.....one would be best serve utilizing the search function.....

tactical stock to means something more than just looking tacticool by the poolside....or on the fireplace hearth....or all them other pictures when some take their stick out of the safe and wee all get to see all the safe queens everyone owns.

i have YET to see a B&C stock w/cups mounted where they are needed...namely on the side both front and rear ......cup swivels....this is a preferred method of mounting a sling so as to carry the rifle so the bolt don't hang up or otherwise make it a pain in the ASS or chest to carry....it also is a better way to do a hasty sling or otherwise employ the weapon in an ergonomic fashion....

the cups don't anchor well to the marshmallow FOAM inside these "tactical" stocks....and thus the gunplumbers in the know don't want to fuck up someones build.....

PROVE ME WRONG........................ </div></div>

LOL, safe queens I have tons of them, I get to see them a few days every 3 months, and if I am lucky enough to sneak away from the family while I am home from Iraq I get to shoot some of them,

As for side flush cups, I am pretty handy with a dremel and epoxy, I think with a little trial and error I could get em to stick in a B&C
BTW here is a SPS tactical in the stock your asking about, Looks good in Tan
DSC01667.JPG

Safe Queen AKA McM Tac 300
Photo0028.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">who the hell wants to chest carry?
the man just simply asked a question about a stock.not comparing it to the latest and greatest.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this shit makes me laugh....sometimes i should just sit on my hands.........

PROVE ME WRONG........................ </div></div></div></div>

i consider what we do....and one would have to agree, these rifles we shoot are tools...i guess if you don't work'em.....you'll never know the inadequacies of substandard equipment......don't make me to do Kiefer Sutherland on you !!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GUNNER75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Haven't had a problem with either

Picture586.jpg
Picture209.jpg

You can be guaranteed there is no worry from this end....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">who the hell wants to chest carry?

PROVE ME WRONG........................ </div></div></div></div>

i consider what we do....and one would have to agree, these rifles we shoot are tools...i guess if you don't work'em.....you'll never know the inadequacies of substandard equipment......don't make me to do Kiefer Sutherland on you !! </div></div>

Thanks for the welcome. I tried a search on that specific stock, but didn't find anything... I might not be as savvy with the search function as I should be, not sure...I just 'cut and pasted' the name of the stock from 'Stocky's' web site. I don't have a pool and am not planning on trying to look cool, but just wanted some feedback on that stock... From my inexperienced position, it looked to be a good bang-for-the-buck stock...But thanks for the other input on the B&C stocks. I hadn't heard that before.
smile.gif

Well, I have gone through this before.....

Who needs flush cups adorning their rifle? If you do, then I guess you need a different stock. I don't know if you can install them. I never tried.

What I can tell you is that my Light Tactical is on my Duty Rifle. I have kicked the shit out of it. Drug it, banged it, been through two schools with it and amazingly enough it has done all I have asked. With the addition of a TIS Quick Cuff I can shoot it as a loop sling or hasty sling with the sling attached to the standard points. I have never had a problem shooting with a sling attached to the bottom of the rifle. I have a Harris BRM-S mounted to the front stud and I have leaned on it hard. No problems seen.

As for a pain in the back/chest comment. The only time my rifle is on my back or chest is when I am climbing, rappelling or fastroping. I have never noticed a problem with the bolt digging into my back.....but then again I wear body armor.
wink.gif
Any other time I am moving the rifle is in my hands.

It's true I am not as High Speed, Low Drag as I once believed I was, but the B&C Light Tactical gets the job done for me.

Can I install flush cups all over it? I dunno.
Can I park a truck on it? I dunno.
Can I use it to ruin someone's day if they decide to shoot at the good guys? Yep.

Make your own decision based upon your requirements.

painted_2567_800.jpg

That stock is not inherently bad just because it doesn't have flush cups. If you are in the field operating, yes you would want a Manners or McMillan or some $400-700 dollar stock that a tank could drive over and it will sill function. If you are are a shooter that will not be in the field shooting to save lives you may not need an super-mega-stock. The B&C A3 would make a nice stock for hunting, range work and shooting just to enjoy shooting. I has a nice fore end for resting on a bag or backpack and the butt-hook is a nice feature for shooting with a rear rest. It all comes down to how the stock will be used. I plan on getting one myself because I can't afford one of the big names and I don't shoot bad guys, just furry critters. I'm not trying to piss in anybodies wheaties, just trying to keep it down to earth

BR, I have drilled through a B&C stock all the way to the aluminum block and I did not run into any "foam" I have also had my A5 milled for a Badger M5, and no foam.

And Im up to the challange of putting flush cups on one of those stocks.

Anyone that wants flush cups on their B&C lite Tac stock I can put it on for you for FREE!!! using Devcon steel putty. if you send me the stock and cups (and pay for shipping) I think the threaded cups would work better.

Picked one of the Olive ones up! Will post pics when I get it on, thanks for all the help!

I've sold several of these and no one has complained. Only one was to a fellow who will use it for work, an LEO in CA. I have one I'm keeping around for my personal use and I like it.

It doesn't measure up to a McMillan or a Manners but I don't expect it to. It's less than half the cost so to expect it to perform up to that standard would be unreasonable.

I installed flush cups in both of mine. One I did was with the threaded and the other no threads. Both work. But I feel safer with the threaded ones. But it work out great. I used marine tex to hold them in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneeyedmac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
It doesn't measure up to a McMillan or a Manners but I don't expect it to. It's less than half the cost so to expect it to perform up to that standard would be unreasonable. </div></div>

Anyone care to explain what the difference is in terms of basic build quality?

Do the McMillan or Manners have an alloy sub frame for instance?

Regards,

Peter

Jim, that looks bad ass!

Here is the latest build (bottom). Stiller action, Bartlien barrel 24", 8 twist .243.

Built it as a lighter match rifle. Very nice feel.

IMG_2006.jpg

Beautiful rifles Gunner!

If I may, which DBM did you use? Thanks.

Thanks, and both are Badger DM's.

I've had one of the so called A-3 tactical style B&C's....did not like it. Just a personal preference but I liked the HS that I had better...

spend the money and get a manners or McMillan, you will not regret it

Just curious if anyone has any thoughts about the B&C tactical 2092?
I have been looking at both I need a bigger grip than the factory stock on my Rem. 700 pss has to offer. Any thoughts?
Thanks, Kevin.

I had the vertical grip tactical on my .308 for three years. It worked very well off the bags, but the wide flat forend was cumbersome for most field use. I really like the grip on this stock.
P5310738.jpg

I recently recieved my A3. I test drove it a few days ago on my .308. I need more field time with it, but I am sure it will serve me better than the other.
IMG_0045.jpg

P6050363.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: birddog28</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've had one of the so called A-3 tactical style B&C's....did not like it. Just a personal preference but I liked the HS that I had better...

</div></div>

What do the above stocks have over a B&C (the A-2/A3 & tactical line)...other than personal preference??

I've been trying to figure this out for a while and wonder if anyone knows definitively: it is my understanding that McMillan stocks are laid fiberglass with woven roving. This is about as strong as you can make it. I've heard that BC stocks are chopped fiberglass strands shot out of a chopper gun. Is this right? Does anyone know the construction details.

Just got my new B&C on Saturday after a 2 and 1/2 month wait, its not a great day to be outside but I have to get out to my sniper spot and let some lead fly.
Cheers
Bucky
ShootingSpot004-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wil</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: birddog28</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've had one of the so called A-3 tactical style B&C's....did not like it. Just a personal preference but I liked the HS that I had better...

</div></div>

What do the above stocks have over a B&C (the A-2/A3 & tactical line)...other than personal preference??

</div></div>

well????

Wil if Im jumping out of planes I would spend the money on a stiffer Mcmillan or Manners but for range work I would have no problems with it. Im running the same stock on my current build for a tactical match rifle and do not see that Im giving up anything. Im even duplicating the stock now so I can have my .22 trainer running with the same feel.

rgr...

I know that B&Cs are plenty stiff... at least the ones that are part of the discussion here...

full length aluminum chassis...etc...

They ain't junk for sure. I own Manners and B&C... I'll take both any day. I'm also building up a rifle on a light tactical right now...

B&C light tac buttstocks are hollow. I drilled mine for flushcups, I know. Your made to order McMs and Manners and whatnot can be had damn near however you want them, for a price.

I like my McMillans. The stocks are durable, good looking and available with more options than I need. I like the molded-in camo- forest pattern is a favorite. I just ordered a HTG in forest camo, Wichita swivels and inletted for Badger M4 bottom metal. I have an action being fitted with a 20" Douglas XX barrel in .308 with a #7 contour. '

Having said that, I am going to order a B&C for a .308 factory barreled action. For a lighter build with no great demands to be put on it, I like the B&C.

PROVE ME WRONG........................ </div></div>

I have a buddy who is definitely a pretty damn fine marksman and he suggests and uses B&C Medalist stocks. I completely trust his knowledge. Some of you mave have heard of him, SSG Timothy Kellner.

I just got back my R700 Varmint in .308 Win with a B&C A5 that required slight inletting and I had the stock glass bedded. Tried it at the local range on the way home with FGMM 168gr and two of my hand loads, 44.5 gr Varget under a Nosler 155gr Custom Comp and my standard target loads of 42.0gr RL 15 under a 168gr SMK. All three loads shot 3-shot groups comfortably under 1" at 100 yds...I'll be doing a complete range test soon.

The stock is terrific in its ergonomics. This is my second B&C Medalist...and I love them both.

FH

Boltripper will love this, but the two rifles I have pictured above both, on a monthly basis, smoke MCM and other stocked rigs at the local and various VS Matches. Myself and a newbie shooter. Hats off to the "newbie" as he is a very good shooter out the gate and gives me a run for my money. He runs the stiller build and I the Surgeon. Both in .243, both prone or on occasion off the bench with rest.
The 2956 has flush cups installed, the 2094 above does not.

Contrary to popular belief, the hollow buttstock is really of no ill structural strength. There is plenty of material to set in flush cups and the for end will thread into the aluminum chassis.

MCM, Manners, and others built great stocks. We do as well. Not all fit all needs. Not all fit all shooters. Try em all, pick what fits you and your needs and run em. I shoot them all, composite, chassis, and some you have never even laid eyes on but will shortly.

Nothing wrong with the B&C stocks. I use my firearms pretty hard and never had any issues with the light tactical. The only improvement I would make is to add a palm swell. There's nothing even close at that price.

I just got home from work and UPS just delivered my B&C Medalist A2. First impression...feels a lot better than the Hogue stock that came with my 700. The bottom metal was a REALLY snug fit but it's in just fine now. The only issue I have so far is that the barrel sits more to the right rather than being centered. It is floating though. I do plan on bedding it but I want to shoot it first to see if there is a difference. Anyone else have the issue with the barrel off centered?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hunting_Zombies</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got home from work and UPS just delivered my B&C Medalist A2. First impression...feels a lot better than the Hogue stock that came with my 700. The bottom metal was a REALLY snug fit but it's in just fine now. The only issue I have so far is that the barrel sits more to the right rather than being centered. It is floating though. I do plan on bedding it but I want to shoot it first to see if there is a difference. Anyone else have the issue with the barrel off centered? </div></div>
I purchased amd installed a B/C A3 a view months ago, and it did not have a centering issue.