• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bell & Carlson Medalist Stock

uncledog57

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2011
Morro Bay, Ca
I have a R700 SPS Varmint in 223. I have been sitting on the fence as to which stock to buy for some time. After reading a thread the other night I pulled the plug and ordered the B&C Medalist adjustable. So here's my 2 questions?
1) It has aluminum bedding system does it still require a full bedding job with pillars?
2) I just noticed that it does not come with a sling stud in forend and comes with "integral aluminum forearm rail for attachments". Does anybody have a picture or can explain just how a bi pod will attach?
Thank you in advance for any and all comments!!

Re: Bell & Carlson Medalist Stock

It will come will a sling swivel that slides in the rail you can attach your bipod to. It is not required to be bedded but why take the chance. Its not going to hurt to just bed it anyway. I have two A5's and have bedded both.

How do you guys bed your Medalists? Simply a skim job between the aluminum block & action, or do you drill some small holes into the block to help provide mechanical lock?

I opted not to bed my medalist given that it prints .5 moa groups without it. I would definitely try it out and see what results you are getting without a bedding job then make the decision.

I agree with Brett...I have an A5 Medalist on my R700 SPS Tactical in .308 and left it alone. I've had it for a year and shooting anywhere between .417" to .533" moa groups with Sierra Match

i drill small holes and grind the hell out of it with a dremel