• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bell & Carlson Stocks (Need Advise)

dead_eye

Private
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2008
I am going to get a Bell & Carlson stock for my 700P. I have shot a rifle with the A3 stock and I liked it. I also like the way the A2 looks.

Can anyone give me any positives or negatives of the 2 scopes? Anyone have experience with both?

I am not concerned with the weight of the stock.

Re: Bell & Carlson Stocks (Need Advise)

The Savage 10 FP below has the B&C Medalist. It Feels as good to me as a Mcmillan. The gun shoots extremely well. Go for it. I am going to get one for my 700

Only think about the A3 style is the fore grip is a touch big. But great for ridding a bag

My main concern is the feel of the vertical grip on the stocks. Does the A2 feel like the McMillan?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Metalhead0483</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a big fan of the B&C light tactical. </div></div>

is there any reason you perfer it over the A2?

Have you seen the new stock from Choate?

tacstockwithblock.jpg

These are very similar to the Bell & Carlson, but a little more comfortable in the forearm. The way you can slide the bipod mount up and back is cool too.

Just got my A2 for my Remington 700 SPS in 243 win. Still working on the tension at the fore end of the barrel to get better grouping. Other than that, my only other complaint about the stock is the short LOP. So if you are a big guy, this stock my be a bit short for you unless you can put on a space bar or something like that. Other than that, I like it alot.

I also used the A3 hook style before. I had an XCR in the past.

The Medalist is awesome for the money. I would rather have the McMillan but would rather not spend an extra $400. They are very similar to the McMillan. One thing I dont like is the extra wide fore grip. Other than that they are great stocks. There is a wait on them though. Go to Stockys Stocks and see if you can get in on there back order list and maybee you can have one in a week or so.

I just ordered one from stocky. The tupperware piece of shit one that came on the 10FP is going away. I got the black with grey web tactical. We'll see if it was worth it or not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ffl medic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just ordered one from stocky. The tupperware piece of shit one that came on the 10FP is going away. I got the black with grey web tactical. We'll see if it was worth it or not. </div></div>

You wont be dissapointed. Although you may end up having a problem with the barrel favoring the right side of the channel with an accutrigger gun. They have a very easy procedure that is supposed to fix the problem, let me know if you do Ill show you. It didnt fix mine though and I ended up glass bedding the stock, which turned out to be a huge help anyway, I think glass bedding any stock (even with aluminum block) is worth the effort.

Is there any reason to get the A2 over the A3 Light Tactical?

I received my light tactical in on Thursday and am very happy with it. It seems like one heck of an upgrade from the SPS tac stock. The only gripe I have is that my bolt release rattles now. In the old Hogue stock the fit was tight enough that the plate/button on the trigger was held in place. On the BC stock the fit is loose on the side and it allows the plate/button to rattle.

I went with the A2 over the A3 because the grip looks to be more vertical. Going back and looking at them I think they a probably pretty close.

Omni, that doesnt sond good. If I whre you I would contact whoever you bought the stock from and see what they say. I for one would not be happy the rattling of the bolt. JMHO

Sorry, it isnt the bolt but the plate that is attached to the trigger with the button you push to release the bolt.

Let me try and explain this better. Everything locks down tight and I like the stock.

I have a new Rem 700 SPS Tac that I bought last month. It had the Hogue overmolded rubber stock on it. I replaced it with a BC light Tactical stock.
On the left side of the Remington trigger pack is a plate that connects to the spring/lever bolt release. If you look in front of your Rem trigger you will see a small button that you push to remove the bolt. The old Hogue stock was tight enough around the trigger that it was rubbing against this plate in a small amount at the bottom. When I replaced the stock the BC trigger inlet is larger than the Hogue so it doesnt rub the plate. Since it doesnt rub if you shake the stock you can hear the plate rattling. I looked the trigger over and nothing is broken it just seems that the two pins holding the plate to the trigger pack is not tight enough to prevent the rattle. This is the first time I have ever had the new Remington trigger so I dont know if this is normal or not. The rifle is new and function checks fine.

I just went from a B&C to a McMillan, I just like the feel better and the gun balances better with the heavy fill. No changes in accuracy with the gun, but its off to get bedded on monday and maybe this will help some. Its just going to come down to feel and budget. And if you want to wait for the MCM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Omni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let me try and explain this better. Everything locks down tight and I like the stock.

I have a new Rem 700 SPS Tac that I bought last month. It had the Hogue overmolded rubber stock on it. I replaced it with a BC light Tactical stock.
On the left side of the Remington trigger pack is a plate that connects to the spring/lever bolt release. If you look in front of your Rem trigger you will see a small button that you push to remove the bolt. The old Hogue stock was tight enough around the trigger that it was rubbing against this plate in a small amount at the bottom. When I replaced the stock the BC trigger inlet is larger than the Hogue so it doesnt rub the plate. Since it doesnt rub if you shake the stock you can hear the plate rattling. I looked the trigger over and nothing is broken it just seems that the two pins holding the plate to the trigger pack is not tight enough to prevent the rattle. This is the first time I have ever had the new Remington trigger so I dont know if this is normal or not. The rifle is new and function checks fine. </div></div>

I had the same problem. I fixed it by putting a small screw driver under the middle of the plate and lifting up. It bent the plate just enough to put pressure on the ends and tighten it up. Probably not the right way to do it, but it worked.

Sweet! I will give it a try thanks Dead eye. That is the type of quick and effective answer I was wanting.

If that happened with mine I personally not be happy and would ask for a replacement stock. If the replacement stock was the same way I would pony up the cash and go with McMillan. The B&C maybee cheaper but there is no reason for it to not fit properly. Let us know how it works out.

The bolt release rattles because it is a loose fit to the trigger housing. It's a good idea to not have anything touching the trigger in the inletting.

A slight tweek of the lever itself is a ok fix for such an issue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soul Assassin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you seen the new stock from Choate?

tacstockwithblock.jpg

These are very similar to the Bell & Carlson, but a little more comfortable in the forearm. The way you can slide the bipod mount up and back is cool too. </div></div>

Are you on crack?? lol

The B&C has an internal aluminum chassis that runs the ENTIRE length of the stock... very much like the HS Precision.

I would NEVER put a Choate in the same class as a B&C. Not even in the same league...

YMMV

-Wil

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brandon972</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If that happened with mine I personally not be happy and would ask for a replacement stock. If the replacement stock was the same way I would pony up the cash and go with McMillan. The B&C maybee cheaper but there is no reason for it to not fit properly. Let us know how it works out.</div></div>

The problem he mentioned doesn't really have anything to do with the stock. The old stock was just touching the trigger group, and stopped it from rattling. It was more of a coincidence that the rattle started with the new stock.

i have a B&C on my 700p and am more thatn happy with it, if i could afford a McMillan on E-4 pay than i would deffinately get one. as far as rigity compared to the choate or hs precision, i think my B&C is just as stiff, not to mention the B&C i have has a barrel channel that could fit a heavier contour barrel than i already have and still free float it
P2080556.jpg

P2080555.jpg

P2080557.jpg

P2080558.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dead_eye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not concerned with the weight of the stock. </div></div>

Good! Because they are tanks! LOL!
I had one on the Remington 700PSS .300WM I just sold.
IMO great stock for the money. Bolt in and go. Comfortable and adjustable.

dsc01208mb0.jpg

Jack

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stealth5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where might i be able to get one of those adjustable cheek pieces? Bearing in mind i am down under. </div></div>

Send a PM to Karsten here on the 'Hide. He is the manufacturer of them

Jack