• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Benchmade 158bk

AMGtuned

Just white trash with money.....
Supporter
Minuteman
May 6, 2018
Maine
My last remaining Benchmade knife is the discontinued 158bk. I really like the knife, its rugged and has stood up to l I've used it for so far. It was a gift from a dear friend, upon his father passing. We got matching, engraved combat knives in his honor.

While some like it; the downside of this system, IMHO, is the leather sheath it came with. I used it for some time, but it was cumbersome. Now, I'd like to attach this knife via a MOLLE system. The original leather has slots in the back, best used with the plastic malice clips. Still poorly spaced for use on a battle belt or PC. The other side of this problem, is one of my dogs enjoyed the leather cords dangling from the damn thing so much, they chewed up in to the leather a little. Totally functional still, just looks like a dog chewed it, and the MOLLE slots took a little abuse.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a reasonable quality, molle compatible, knife sheath? The 158bk has a 6" blade, i believe its called "drop point" style. My search returned one for KaBar, but it had snap retention at the hilt (BM158 has no hilt), and one for the ESEE-6. Didn't know if there were other/better options. Once upon a time, there was a production Benchmade sheath, nylon, MOLLE compatible, fitted for the 155 and 158 fixed blade knives. Can't find one of those either 🤷‍♂️

Thanks all for any insight