• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns benchmade adamas sheath failure

MikeInUtah

Minuteman
Mar 9, 2013
West Valley, UT
I recently picked up a Benchmade fixed Adamas knife. I am very impressed with the quality of the knife. However, I noticed one of the buttons that secures the elastic strap to the sheath broke off the first time I attached it. It doesnt appear to be properly riveted to the sheath and only partially molded to the bottom button half.

I contacted Benchmade and they are replacing it with no questions asked. I also asked if the replacement has any additional reinforcement to prevent this but they simply replied "It will be the same style of sheath as I do not have a different style that will fit your model. If you continue to experience any further issues with the sheath please let me know and I would be happy to send out a new one to you again."

I am wondering if anyone else is having this issue and anything I can do to reinforce it myself? Its a one piece molded sheath so I cant take it apart and rivet or use a screw/washer to secure the botton half.

knife.jpg

Its highly unusual for anything from Benchmade to fail, and as you have discovered, their customer service is impeccable. That said, I have no experience with this particular sheath, and it could just be a shitty design, but I'm inclined to think that you just got the 1 out of a 1000. If this happens again to the new one, then you will have something to talk about.

+1 on there customer service it is the best in the knife industry.got me a axis flipper number 213 of 1000 first production run and carried it for about a month then one day i went to open it at work and the stupid thing was locked closed couldnt open it to save my life so i called benchmade and the paid the shipping and insurance both ways and i had back in only 5 days. i made sure to call them and tell them how pleased i was with there service and will continue to buy there products simply becuse of there service.