• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Benchmade cutting up guns

In this day and age, you choose a side. Benchmade chose theirs, regardless of their half assed apology, won't miss them. if I want value a spyderco paramilitary does the job. Quality goes to any of the big custom makers for the same price as benchmade's quality line. Benchmade has also pissed me off by increasing their number of "made in china" models as well.

I carry a bench made and have bought several as Christmas gifts the last few years. Sounds like I've bought my last. There's a link in the k bar thread showing all the money they send democrats.

Reactions: Precisiondada
Let’s boycott the grinder, gloves, and safety glass manufacturers to, hell yeah, who made that light bulb that fucker could see to cut the guns up? Nerve wracking bastards

Let’s boycott the grinder, gloves, and safety glass manufacturers to, hell yeah, who made that light bulb that fucker could see to cut the guns up? Nerve wracking bastards
If any actively partook in distroying guns for the sake of 'get rid of the evil guns' then I'm with you. Let's have a spoon cutting, cause the fatasses...

Reactions: jrassy
Fuck Benchmade they're another slimy libtard supporting company, look deeper and you'll see plenty in the industry just like them.
https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/summary.php?id=D000047693&cycle=A

That is the beauty of ease of information access in today's digital world. If someone fucks up, even a little bit, anyone could simply follow multiple search leads and dig up even more shit about them, deeper and faster than they can imagine. Just like a panel of tempered glass............The thing can take blunt strikes, punches, and kicks to certain extents. God forbid it gets a scratch or cut that goes down beyond the tempered surface. Then the whole thing blows the fuck up like a melon struck by a .357 slug.

I am dying laughing right here. Seems like more than a few folks all over the place have been shooting themselves in the ass recently, with hilarious results. Dick's, Art Acevedo, Jussie Smollett, Benchmade...............just to name a few. Idiots are the ONE thing that the world will never be in short supply of.

We should take all of Benchmade's knives, melt them down, and make them part of the border wall.

Hi,

Don't forget Daniel Defense...

Sincerely,
Theis
Or Rock River Arms, Cooper Rifles, and more.
I can't see this hurting too bad, Benchmade fills a niche in 100-225 dollar blades that are hard to beat. Solid

So the entire Oregon city police police force forgot how to use a band saw?

Idfc if it’s not your protocol.

Remember guys:
1. The second amendment is absolute.
2. Every infringement upon the second amendment is upheld and enforced by “law enforcement officers”

Please enlighten me. Why the beef with Glock?
There is a pretty good write up about this in “Glock: the Rise of America’s Gun.” Glock was right in the middle of the gun safety bill that S&W got burned by. They came out for it (which solidified S&Ws stance) then backed away. They were able to have a hand in crafting the legislation, sacrifice a competitor (S&W) to the wolves, and satisfy their base by not signing the agreement. Very shrewd. Very underhanded. Glock makes a good pistol, but Herr Glock is not a sympathetic character...

Reactions: DOA
Nope ! Never owned one definitely never will now. I ride with ZT military folder anyway's.

With Spyderco and Protech I've got no reason to buy a BM knife, especially not now.

Per the link in the other thread.
Something about sleeping with dogs and waking up with fleas I think.

Untitled-1.jpg

I quit carrying the one I have. For some reason they make their knife with the clip on the same end of the knife as the blade tip. So, when you carry it clipped to your pocket, it is riding tip-up. My Griptillian somehow came partially-open in my pocket, tip-up of course. I shoved my hand into that pocket to retrieve a handkerchief and felt the blade tip sink about 1/2" into the heel of my hand before I could stop - a straight-in stab wound, not a slice/cut. Every Benchmade I've looked at since then all carry tip-up in the pocket, but I never noticed that before. I went back to the old Buck I've carried for years, which rides tip-down when clipped to the pocket.

Please enlighten me. Why the beef with Glock?

Because they're plastic.

Nah, what Hlee said. If memory serves, Gaston said something to the effect of not wanting his firearms sold to non-LE. Also, Colt either stopped selling ARs to civilians or at least talked about it.

And the Oregon Police knew that by releasing this statement online all this would transpire.
But Benchmades donations to the democrats did it for me. Not another bench made knife for me.
I’m going back to carrying my KABAR,

I have an honest question: if so many of you care so much about their donation records (and rightfully so) why did you just wait till now to care? I mean this information was easily accessible well before this fiasco broke loose. You could have found this out before you bought your knives to begin with, correct?

Reactions: Tucker301
I have an honest question: if so many of you care so much about their donation records (and rightfully so) why did you just wait till now to care? I mean this information was easily accessible well before this fiasco broke loose. You could have found this out before you bought your knives to begin with, correct?
I'm sure you are right, lol. If I want another BM, I'll buy it, no need today. I've been boycotting the movie, music, and professional sports industries since the mid 80's and have really shown them what one man wildcatting can do to their business's.

If I had the time right now, I'd get a group of folks together, get the proper loans and start an ad-hoc company.

Take receipt of ALL Benchmade knives that people do not want anymore. Buy em' all at a 'Cash for Clunkers' type rate. And use the metal to build AR-15 / AR-10 lowers, 80%'s and lower blanks.

It will be the best use for all of those unwanted knives from a company that has defecated on it's own reputation..................Promote the ownership of the modern citizen's general purpose rifle.

If I had the time right now, I'd get a group of folks together, get the proper loans and start an ad-hoc company.

Take receipt of ALL Benchmade knives that people do not want anymore. Buy em' all at a 'Cash for Clunkers' type rate. And use the metal to build AR-15 / AR-10 lowers, 80%'s and lower blanks.

It will be the best use for all of those unwanted knives from a company that has defecated on it's own reputation..................Promote the ownership of the modern citizen's general purpose rifle.
I'm not about to melt jack shit down that I paid premium coin for and the product is more than functional, actually exceptional. If we want to highlight shit companies that go against our grain, none of us would have a Nestle product in our houses again.
I'll revisit buying another BM though.

Reactions: myronman3
I'm not about to melt jack shit down that I paid premium coin for and the product is more than functional, actually exceptional. If we want to highlight shit companies that go against our grain, none of us would have a Nestle product in our houses again.
I'll revisit buying another BM though.

Sad but true...

And every time we perform a Google search, what are we doing again? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Lapuapalooza
So, another honest question. Why does BM donate to democratic candidates? Is it because they have a moral obligation to be progressive? Or, are they located in Oregon where Democrats are going to win anyway, and- being a business with a desire to have a political connection should they need it- they donate to the candidate they think will win?

What are you going to do with the 2 lower receivers that you are able to build with all those knives? I think you get my point. While there are certainly like-minded people out there, I wouldn't translate internet reaction into action. We live in a reactionary society. This has been snowballing, but in the next week or month(maybe) no one will be talking about it. Memes will be created. Comments will be made. Everyone is running on emotions right now, but soon they will decide that they have new things to be outraged at, and this will get pushed aside. There is always something to find to get upset about, and the speed of the internet provides such things at the rapid rate. I was pretty unhappy with netflix, but I sure as shit let my subscription expire before I stopped watching it. I'll use my knife out before letting it go as well. With the quality in a BM knife, I doubt that will be in my lifetime.

Was it a stupid business decision? Of course.
Was it a deliberate attack on the 2A? I really doubt it. Generally speaking, when companies are trying to make a statement or send a message, it is very clear. They will publicize it. Generally these things draw in one audience while pissing off another. I doubt anti-gunners are lining up to buy their knives now.
This isn't even near the level of the Dick's example, as that was directly motivated by an event, and directly aimed at "assault" rifle ownership.

I will keep my BM. Why? Because it serves more of a purpose in my pocket than I will by ceremoniously destroying it.

So, another honest question. Why does BM donate to democratic candidates? Is it because they have a moral obligation to be progressive? Or, are they located in Oregon where Democrats are going to win anyway, and- being a business with a desire to have a political connection should they need it- they donate to the candidate they think will win?
All that plus the fact, they looked at the UK when guns went away. Knifes were not an issue at first, an the best seat at the table were those in tic's pockets. So why not make hay while the sun is shinning.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country

Given that knife laws and ordinances pertaining to their carry / legal lengths, etc., are subject to constant scrutiny and knife rights HAVE been under attack numerous times in the past, so much so that knife owners have created organizations similar to the NRA to safeguard their rights to carry a blade, this could just be an attempt by Benchmade to pay off the hoplophobes in the Democratic Party so whenever they get elected, they will spare Benchmade, and knives in general, from further legislative ass-raping.

Reactions: jb0311

That would be the question I would ask. Donating to a democrat in Oregon is not the same as donating to one in a red state. It would be useful to see if it was to individual candidates. I know there have been democrats that voted for things like the Hearing Protection Act, but also for the bumpstock ban. But then again, there have been republicans that have done the inverse as well, so sometimes it's a toss-up. It looks like they have donated to republicans in the past, maybe they figured it was better to vote for a wolf, than a wolf in sheep's clothing. Who knows? All things we would be speculating on till we knew exactly where the money went.
My guess is that it was a business decision. Once again, if they were trying to make a statement by it, I think they would have. Maybe (like you said) the outcome was always going to be blue, so they pushed for the one with lower business taxes, less anti-"something", etc.

An honest, and a good question.