• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Benchmark Barrels?

JBM_DC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2011
OKC, OK
www.facebook.com
Is anyone here running Benchmark barrels? Looking to rebarrel a rifle to 260 Rem for PRS style matches and was curious how these are performing. I have several options of Benchmark available to me locally and some Krieger options as well, but the prices seem to be a little high on those.

I will be running this rifle suppressed with a 14oz 7" long ported suppressor and am thinking either an MTU contour or Heavy Palma running around 24". Those of you with experience with any of this (even if not related to my Benchmark barrel choice) please feel free to give your experience.

I own one and love it. Buy with confidence. They are quality barrels and they reportedly have great customer service; not that I think you will need it.

I've had 2 Benchmarks both 6mm. Both were great. I know several other shooters that ran the 6.5s and like them a lot.

My 6mmXC wears a benchmark... it shot well enough for me to place third at a match over the weekend, I didn't feel the barrel held me back at all. Set a personal best at my home range at a 1000 also.

Just ordered my first Benchmark tonight 6.5 1:8 twist for a 260. rem build due to the fantastic reviews and feedbacks they were getting online, and from fellow shooters around my area. Hopefully ihave the same luck

Congrats, I figured Benchmark should be good to go since my smith recommended I save some cash over the Krieger option and go with Benchmark. He is a very well respected smith and competitor in my area and I trust his recommendations. Also what contours would you guys recommend? I will be running it suppressed 100% of the time and it will be housed in a KRG X-ray for the time being.

I prefer a contour as close to a Remington Varmint as possible, easy to swap around stocks if needed down the road and its not uncomfortably heavy... unless a heavy prone rifle is what you want.

I prefer a contour as close to a Remington Varmint as possible, easy to swap around stocks if needed down the road and its not uncomfortably heavy... unless a heavy prone rifle is what you want.

I agree. I run fluted Rem varmint/Sendaro contour. It's a nice happy medium between accuracy and weight for hunting anyway. Love the way Northwest action works cut the flutes in my Benchmark. They are pretty deep. I prefer the depth on that barrel since it is a small caliber; 22-250. Hell of a shooter!!

I wont be using this rifle to hunt anything, just for practical precision type matches. Does anyone have a link that shows the difference in contours?

I have 3 Benchmark barrels and happy with all of them. I am using my 6.5-284 to get into the 1,000 yard prairie dog club. They will chamber and thread barrels as well. They have gunsmithing services and can put your entire rifle together for you if you wish.

I have a local smith with quick turnaround times. I may head down to my local fun store and handle a few Benchmarks and Kriegers.

Last edited: