• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Benchtop Barrel Length for 1,000 Yards w/ Suppresor

BACB

Private
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2020
I’m looking to build my first custom rifle for shooting up to 1,000 yards from a benchtop. I’m obsessed with shooting suppressed, so will be running a suppressor.

I would like to know from experts what the best barrel length is for my setup?

Below is the equipment I plan to run:
- Action: Defiance Tenacity
- Barrel: Bartlein, M24 Contour chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor
- Chassis: MDT ACC Elite
- Trigger: Triggertech Diamond
- Scope: Tract Toric ELR 4.5-30x56 MRAD
- Suppressor: Energetic Armament Vox-S

A 26" will work fine for what you want and not be overly long with the suppressor. You could go 28" if you wanted.

Reactions: BACB
A 26" will work fine for what you want and not be overly long with the suppressor. You could go 28" if you wanted.
Thanks! I was planning to go with a 26” if unsuppressed and didnt know if it would be too long and throw off the balance with a suppressor on the end.

Thanks! I was planning to go with a 26” if unsuppressed and didnt know if it would be too long and throw off the balance with a suppressor on the end.

You are shooting it off a bench. There isn't really a balance. A bipod up front and a rear bag. It's just going to sit there. I have run a 26" 300Wm with a 9" suppressor in matches without a problem so I am sure you will be fine with a 26" barrel and 6" suppressor off a bench. ;)

Reactions: spife7980 and BACB
You are shooting it off a bench. There isn't really a balance. A bipod up front and a rear bag. It's just going to sit there. I have run a 26" 300Wm with a 9" suppressor in matches without a problem so I am sure you will be fine with a 26" barrel and 6" suppressor off a bench. ;)
Got ya. Thanks!

As rob said, it’s on a bench. However I use a 26” with an omega on my match rifles and it’s fine.
I wouldn’t fret over it, maybe you’ll find you want some weights to balance out a bit batter but I went a few years before I added any weights and only did so for recoil reduction mass, not balance per say.

Reactions: BACB
As rob said, it’s on a bench. However I use a 26” with an omega on my match rifles and it’s fine.
I wouldn’t fret over it, maybe you’ll find you want some weights to balance out a bit batter but I went a few years before I added any weights and only did so for recoil reduction mass, not balance per say.
Thanks! Looks like 26" is the winner.