• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Benchtop priming--Rcbs, Lee or something else?

TX_Punisher

Private
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2018
Looking to add to my bench a benchtop primer setup. I've watched some reviews on each and am leaning toward the RCBS currently. Before I buy, and I missing a better option? I'll mainly be using it for 6.5cm and 6.5prc with some 6.8 and maybe some .223 precision loads.

Anything I should be aware of on the rcbs?

Thanks for the input.

There are two rcbs units, the hand priming tool and the Universal hand priming tool. No experience with the universal myself. Ive run two of the standard tools for the last 15 years or so. I’ve had some Lee tools as well. I clean and re-lube the rcbs units occasionally, and they show very little wear. I’m happy with them. What matters to me is that they have sufficient mechanical advantage and feel so I can detect when the primer is bottoming in the pocket. Many different priming tools will do that though.

You could spend $600 for that one from primal rights. Looks cool but a bit steep for me

Looking to add to my bench a benchtop primer setup. I've watched some reviews on each and am leaning toward the RCBS currently. Before I buy, and I missing a better option? I'll mainly be using it for 6.5cm and 6.5prc with some 6.8 and maybe some .223 precision loads.

Anything I should be aware of on the rcbs?

Thanks for the input.

I have the RCBS bench priming tool and absolutely love it. It’s all I use nowadays.

John

I use the CPS Lite from Primal Rights. Extremely easy to use, a little bit more difficult than the regular CPS, but once its set, its very consistent and fast. If memory serves, I prime 100 cases in 10-12 minutes all within 5/10000" of each other. However, your primer pockets need to be consistent for the tool to be consistent.
Its mounted on my Redding T7, and I have to raise the priming ram up to rotate the turret, worth the effort to have such a precise and consistent tool.

Just ordered it. $73 off Amazon. Looking forward to setting it up. Thanks to all the replies. Got my annealer and neck turner showing up any day now, too.