• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Benelli M4 Barrel Guide Ring

AIAW

★★★★★
Minuteman
  • Aug 16, 2001
    Central Texas
    Time to clean it up and break out the silver solder I guess…

This seems to happen a lot with aftermarket forends (B&T quad-rail on mine) according to Benelli. A little play essentially becomes a slide-hammer. Maybe I’ll just go back to the factory grip to prevent this from happening again. Not like I can TIG weld that guide to the barrel itself, one being steel and the other being aluminum and all.

80C72DCC-AC07-4653-831B-8D40FD38AE22.jpeg

CB47230A-5424-48E0-8495-1FE59C672180.jpeg

C53B1D7F-4C36-4C5D-900A-FF734BEC57EF.jpeg

• Wow
    Reactions: Noob Sammich
    Oops... What's your round count?
    Got about 1000 through it before it "let go". About 25 percent were 00 buckshot. A couple of 3". I’ve hard that the additional mass of almost all aftermarket hand guards can cause this with time. I could see that, given how they all generally attach.

Reactions: Noob Sammich
    Is that silver solder, or a bonding agent of some sort?
    I think it might be a little bit of both actually. It could be flux though. I don’t see how it could be bonded and soldered at the same time but there could some high-temp adhesive I suppose.