• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

BERDAN primers

BARichardson

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2013
L.V.N.V.
What is the best know primers to use for berdan primer pockets?

These are gona be part of my load work up for my .308 im having built.

berdan priming is a big waste of time as the military brass that uses it is usually not worth reloading. except the danish 06 and the swiss 7.5x55 the rest especially the .308 is not worth it.

i made a hydro press so decaping is fast. This ammo i got is really good SME stuff that shoots .63-1 moa at 100yd and 800yd so i was thinking the brass is good

I've got so much Berdan primed brass thrown in the scrap bin (probably a couple of hundred pounds), it's ridiculous! But like Chris said, I have so much Boxer primed brass in pretty much everything that having to make the hydro-press or find Berdan primers more trouble than they are worth.

Still, it pains me to toss it as it is good brass and I really hate throwing away brass that isn't too damaged to use. I guess that's why I haven't hauled it to the scrapyard yet.