• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Beretta 1301 Comp Pro not feeding next round

TobbeF

Private
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2021
Sweden
I picked up my new 1301 Comp Pro a few days ago, but I have an issue with shooting it. I need to manually push the release(?) so the lifter goes down to feed the next round to be ready. This should be done automatically I assume.

I would assume it's back. After pushing the release to feed a new round in to the lifter, I can fire, and this round will successfully end up in the chamber ready to be fired. Except I have to manually press the release again to feed the next round in to the lifter.
Is there different ways to assemble the trigger group so that this would be a manual process?

So after you pull the trigger, the round fires, bolt locks to the rear, and shell isn't released? Or are you just messing around in the house not pulling the trigger?
If it's the latter, it's how it's supposed to be. If the hammer is back, it won't release a shell no matter how many times you cock it. That's how many shotguns operate.

Yes, I pull the trigger, the round fires, but a new round is never picked up by the lifter. It has the "lifter hold down" functionality which holds the lifter down after loading, but it's never released when firing.
In this link you can see the sprint that I have to push back in order for the lifter to come up:

There's something up with the trigger group. Pulling the trigger should make the lifter hold down retract. I'd pop the trigger housing out and see if something is up.

I'm of no use because my 1301 Comp runs like a sewing machine...

Is it possible that while shooting your hand is pressing on a control like the slide release lever? If you are putting any upward pressure on it, it will lock back the slide just like if a magazine follow is lifting it.

Is it possible that while shooting your hand is pressing on a control like the slide release lever? If you are putting any upward pressure on it, it will lock back the slide just like if a magazine follow is lifting it.

Eh, this is a tube-fed shotgun.

Here are the possible problems -

Your hammer pin is bent or out of spec. If it was bent or out of spec, the hammer would not rotate completely smoothly either. As well as make the hammer sit ever so slightly crooked which prevents it from working with the plunger.
1618197506347.png

Your hammer is either broken or was machined improperly. The portion circled in red is what interfaces with the shell release plunger. When you press the trigger the hammer drops/rotates and that lever portion/hook (circled in red) is what pushes against the rear ledge of the plunger (the side where the plunger spring sits) which compresses the plunger spring, retracts the plunger allowing the lifter to drop into place.
1301 hammer.png

Because you can manually hit the shell release plunger which releases a shell and drops the lifter without any binding I'm assuming, it's also possible the plunger itself is out of spec. The rear ledge either being damaged, too short in height or thickness and the hammer lever/hook is just pivoting above the plunger or inside the recess without ever making contact or not making enough contact.
1618197969200.png

1618198891236.png

Final possible issue - Nothing is wrong with those small parts, but it is the trigger housing was molded incorrectly and is out of spec. It is polymer after all.

Last sorta issue - nothing is broken or out of spec, it's simply the tolerance stack led to an unfortunate situation where it doesn't work.

Last edited:
Reactions: TobbeF