• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors beretta 92 or M9 trigger?

Lucks

Team Roberts Precision
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2009
Central Texas
I read online that switching out the hammer spring on a Beretta 92FS from the stock 20lb spring to the 16lb hammer spring from the 92 Double Action version will greatly improve the trigger on the standard 92. Has anyone done this or does anyone have any advice about shooting the 92. I feel like some of my accuracy problems with mine are related to the heavy trigger. I can get the 16 lb. spring for like $4.00 from MidwayUSA.

Re: beretta 92 or M9 trigger?

BUMP!

I'd like to know the answer to this question too if someone knows!

I know a lot of guys who got M9 trigger springs, cut a couple coils off to make it more tolerable, and then installed them for deployment. Before they got home, they just swapped the trigger springs back to the originals and used the modded springs for their next issued M9.

For the record, I detest the M9. Some love it, and some hate it. I fall into the latter category. I'd take just about anything over the Beretta 9mm. The army adopted the damn thing so they could teach privates and women how to shoot pistols. But I digress...

Wolff Gunsprings makes a drop-in coiled trigger spring replacement for the 92/M9. Their replacement is more consisitent and way more durable than the stock trigger spring. It's the only modification to the trigger which I'd make.

Beretta springs, in my experience, are crap. The first thing I'd do to a Beretta is replace every spring in it with a Wolff spring. Order two of everything, so you'll have a spare to take when you deploy.

http://www.gunsprings.com

Their web page seems to be down at the moment. I expect it'll be back.

True story...

Two days ago I get a call from a host nation counterpart that one of the battalion commanders wants to talk to me. When I get down to the command group office to see him, I run into the task force DCO. The DCO has his sidearm with him... a nice Glock 30 with 2 extra mags. All officers here have 45s, but it's usually a low-grade 1911. It was the first time I'd seen a HN officer with a Glock, actually.

He could see that I was salivating over his pistol. Before I could say anything, the DCO grinned and said, "No no, I would not trade this pistol for anything." I patted my Beretta, shrugged, and replied, "I wouldn't either if I were you."