• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Beretta APX-A1 FS OR, CZ P10c, or HK vp9-B?

Milf Dots

Milf Hunter Extraordinaire
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2019
A few hours ago I had the chance to compare, side by side, the Beretta APXa1 FS, the CZ P10c, and an HK vp9-B. All are brand new in box.

Beretta APX a1 Full Size is Optics Ready and comes with two 17 Rnd mags. I was pleasantly surprised by its ergonomics because I was never a fan of their other models. Price is $399 before tax, and the Beretta factory rebate on the FS model would drop it to $299. All the APX models, except for the single stack "compact", are modular with removable FCU.

The CZ P10c is not an OR model, comes with two 15 Rnd mags, and for me it has better ergonomics than any Glock, but the grip doesn't feel as good as the Beretta or HK. Black only at $399. I missed out on an FDE color.

The HK vp9-B is not OR, comes with two 17 round mags, and the "B" indicates the American style mag release button and not the paddle release. The paddle just doesn't work for my hands because of an injury. Black only at $649. I've always liked the VP's ergos but I don't know that I prefer the feel any more than that of ther Beretta.

I went in curious about a CZ P10F with its 19 Rnd mags- they had one left but it isn't an OR model.

It's a buyers market on many top tier pistols like the Beretta and CZ! I'm not surprised at all by the lack of HK price reduction, but I think they may be offering a magazine promo of some sort.

The APXa1 deal is tempting, but I don't really need another full sized pistol.

The CZ P10f is the smoothest shooting handgun I've owned. Now granted, I havnt owned anything that was over 1k. It's an awesome range pistol but ended up getting rid of it because of its size. There started my admiration of CZ, and my next purchase was a PO-1. It was the right size and felt good in my hand but was a little heavier than I wanted and the trigger reset was too long for my liking. I still have it but now I have a p10c with a 509 on top and like that even more. Palmetto was running a sale on the p10c optics ready for $450 around father's and I asked the lgs if they could get close to that price so I could spend local and they matched it. I will say the grip is a little funny feeling in the crotch between my thumb and index finger, but once I start shooting that all goes away. I sure like the CZ's.

The CZ P10f is the smoothest shooting handgun I've owned. Now granted, I havnt owned anything that was over 1k. It's an awesome range pistol but ended up getting rid of it because of its size. There started my admiration of CZ, and my next purchase was a PO-1. It was the right size and felt good in my hand but was a little heavier than I wanted and the trigger reset was too long for my liking. I still have it but now I have a p10c with a 509 on top and like that even more. Palmetto was running a sale on the p10c optics ready for $450 around father's and I asked the lgs if they could get close to that price so I could spend local and they matched it. I will say the grip is a little funny feeling in the crotch between my thumb and index finger, but once I start shooting that all goes away. I sure like the CZ's.
For sure, CZ makes good pistols. I always liked but never owned their polymer framed, hammer fired P07/P09 model, and they happened to have a P09 in Black for $649. Like the P10F, the P09 has 19 round flush fit mags.

Reactions: SDBguy95
I'm not surprised at all by the lack of HK price reduction, but I think they may be offering a magazine promo of some sort.

I believe there has been a "MAP holiday" in effect for H&K recently, so dealers should be allowed to advertise lower prices if they do choose. But if there's not enough margin to do so, then they won't.

You are correct in that there are some other discounts on other brands. Based upon recent conversations with distributors, there's a lot of inventory in this category that isn't moving right now.

CZ hands down. I bought an APX when it first came out and reliability isnt where it should be. HK is (as usual) overpriced for what it is.

Has anyone ever regretted a CZ handgun purchase?

I love all my CZs.

I will admit to being unsure about my P-07 purchase initially because of the polymer frame, but have to say that any doubts have left me. It’s my daily carry. I’m a hammer guy for carry. Every one of my CZs has been treated to Cajun or CZ Customs love. I enjoy shooting the P-10 but only for a range gun.

The new Shadow II compact has my attention at the moment.
I might have to get one of these headed my way.

00F034F2-2075-42DC-B2F8-1B95DCDD8281.jpeg

I scratched the Beretta APX a1 off my list. I don't need any more pistols, but the CZ P10 line and the HK VP series still interest me- because 'Merica!

Reactions: MadDuner
I scratched the Beretta APX a1 off my list. I don't need any more pistols, but the CZ P10 line and the HK VP series still interest me- because 'Merica!
I tried to like CZ polymer pistols. I really really tried.

The P-07/P-09 series have triggers that stack horribly in DA. Fixing them is a crapshoot. The one P-09 I have fixed up fairly well after some significant DIY work. I've had two P-07s. One fixed up ok trigger-wise. The other one has a trigger that still stacks unacceptably.

On the other hand their grips are very ergonomic once they are stippled or sprinkled with silicon carbide (not for ccw)

The P-10 series is the exact opposite. Their triggers are near perfect out of the box. Their grips are a fucking disaster. Their shape is a series of compound curves that fit the hand great when you pick one up from a table and can take the time to find where your hand wants to be. At the same time the lack of flat contours and defined corners makes it impossible to grip the gun the same twice in a row out of a holster. It's even worse when drawing from appendix.

I've had a total of four of them. Two compacts and two F's. None of them get any use any longer.

After much live and dry fire the polymer pistol that I shoot best out of the holster (particularly from concealment) is the Glock 19 and 17.

That blockish thick grip that everyone hates the feel of is the one that makes it subconsciously easy to index your hand the same way every single time no matter how fast you reach for it. That blockish grip shape and that weird grip angle mitigate recoil like nothing else.

Glock's grip design is a feature not a mistake.

Last edited:
Reactions: SDBguy95
I will add the only CZ pistol I would carry are the P-01 or the 75D PCR.

Problem is they start around $650 street price then I have to sink nearly $250 more to make them capable of using a red dot. I will not have a pistol any more with just iron sights.

I for the same or slightly less money I can buy a Gen 5 Glock 19 or 45 MOS.

Glock's grip design is a feature not a mistake.

It may be a feature, but the HK P30 and VP9 grips fit me so much better. I shot a 1911 for years and maybe it is the more rounded profile of that grip which makes it easier to index the HK.

Choices are good. I tried to like the P10c but it shot too much like a Glock so I sold it.

It may be a feature, but the HK P30 and VP9 grips fit me so much better. I shot a 1911 for years and maybe it is the more rounded profile of that grip which makes it easier to index the HK.

Choices are good. I tried to like the P10c but it shot too much like a Glock so I sold it.
It's not a question of "fit". It's a question of index.

Of course none of this matters if someone has a draw much over 1 sec to a 10 yd a zone from an exposed holster or much over 1.5 from concealment.

It's not a question of "fit". It's a question of index.

Of course none of this matters if someone has a draw much over 1 sec to a 10 yd a zone from an exposed holster or much over 1.5 from concealment.
Index is good for naturally getting the shots where you want them. Fit is a requirement when are trying to keep the gun from moving around in your hand, especially on the 10th mag of the shooting session, hands start getting tired.

A few hours ago I had the chance to compare, side by side, the Beretta APXa1 FS, the CZ P10c, and an HK vp9-B. All are brand new in box.

Beretta APX a1 Full Size is Optics Ready and comes with two 17 Rnd mags. I was pleasantly surprised by its ergonomics because I was never a fan of their other models. Price is $399 before tax, and the Beretta factory rebate on the FS model would drop it to $299. All the APX models, except for the single stack "compact", are modular with removable FCU.

The CZ P10c is not an OR model, comes with two 15 Rnd mags, and for me it has better ergonomics than any Glock, but the grip doesn't feel as good as the Beretta or HK. Black only at $399. I missed out on an FDE color.

The HK vp9-B is not OR, comes with two 17 round mags, and the "B" indicates the American style mag release button and not the paddle release. The paddle just doesn't work for my hands because of an injury. Black only at $649. I've always liked the VP's ergos but I don't know that I prefer the feel any more than that of ther Beretta.

I went in curious about a CZ P10F with its 19 Rnd mags- they had one left but it isn't an OR model.

It's a buyers market on many top tier pistols like the Beretta and CZ! I'm not surprised at all by the lack of HK price reduction, but I think they may be offering a magazine promo of some sort.

The APXa1 deal is tempting, but I don't really need another full sized pistol.

Bruh quit procrastinating and buy something

LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Milf Dots