• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Beretta BM-59?

oldolds442

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2007
macon, ga
anybody ever have a Beretta bm59? sold mine a while back, and kind of miss it....
227-2744_IMG.jpg

Re: Beretta BM-59?

At one time I owned 2 of them. The standard and the Alpine version with the folding stock and removeable flashider. Liked the M1A better so sold both. Now I wish I had kept the Alpine version. Nice handy rifle.

I have the version that was imported by Golden State Arms. I have kept it as my semi auto iron sight .308 battle rifle. The only drawback it that now days original magazines for this rifle are very expensive and some what hard to find. I was fortunate to buy a pile of NIW BM-59 magazines back in the day when they were a lot cheaper. I like my M1A better also, but saw no reason to part with the BM-59.

Reactions: camocorvette

Some of the early imports (Santa Fe, Golden State Arms) were manufactured by rewelding demilled M1 Garand receivers, and reworking them to accept BM-59 mag/triggers.

Yes indeed, my Golden State BM-59 does have a mix of "PB" marked parts and some parts that are common to the M1 Garand. There are more "PB" marked parts that just the magazine and trigger groups. Kind of like a Garand with a detachable box magazine in 308 caliber. It functions great with all kinds of ammo. The overall weight of the rifle serves to dampen the recoil a lot. My particluar BM-59 is my iron sight only shooter.

I own one and love it. I found a company out of Canada of all places that makes a scope mount for the BM59 and similar rifles. They sell one specifically for the BM59. I ordered one and mounted it and it is solid and in my option is worth the price. I did have to remove the rear sights but easily put back on.
I scored 10 magazines for it extremely cheap. All were brand new Italian surplus plus I got two brand new bayonets still in vapor paper.

I own one and love it. I found a company out of Canada of all places that makes a scope mount for the BM59 and similar rifles. They sell one specifically for the BM59. I ordered one and mounted it and it is solid and in my option is worth the price. I did have to remove the rear sights but easily put back on.
I scored 10 magazines for it extremely cheap. All were brand new Italian surplus plus I got two brand new bayonets still in vapor paper.
First post from a 2010 join date in a 10 year old thread has to be a record! How old is your Beretta? If you don't mind. who was the company that made the mount? It would be cool to see a picture.

First post from a 2010 join date in a 10 year old thread has to be a record! How old is your Beretta? If you don't mind. who was the company that made the mount? It would be cool to see a picture.
Honestly there should be a celebration.

I joined around the same time and I have stupid input to the forum in my early years...

Not one single "I think my 308 barrel is shot out thread". Haha that was me.

I've always wanted one of these. They are intriguing.

Reactions: msgriff