• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Beretta using loopholes to import guns to Russia.....

ToddM

Philanthropist
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2008
PA
Looks like Beretta and it's owned subsidiaries have been importing weapons into Russia for some time now against sanctions through various loopholes. If accurate, seems pretty damning for Beretta, it would be one thing if they were coming in on the black market, but it sounds like Beretta is the a majority holder of the Russian company doing much of the importing, and are working with companies in connection to a well known arms dealer.

Be interesting to see if more details are made available.

• Wow
Reactions: Milf Dots
I gots no kinda problem with Beretta
Had a 85F (NOT a FS, NOT a cheetah) way back in the day, bought it new and it never once failed to go bang, and go bang very accurately.
Sold it a while ago.....surprised how much it brought, I guess it was a short run model that is highly desirable.....who knew ?

Used and worked on a ton of Beretta shotties....good solid guns, I have zero complaints about them.

That's only because you've never used their customer service, or complete and total lack of....... :ROFLMAO: Tried to have an S20 worked on last year, total shit show, they didn't even know what service center it should be sent to.

Only buy their shotguns. Haven't had to do any work on one yet.

And for some reason my lgs has had good luck sending things in. Maybe they just hate individuals and only pay attention to businesses?

Reactions: Big Phish
I'd be more shocked if this wasn't happening. When it comes to arms sales, they're going to happen sanctions or no sanctions. Our own government has sold arms to other countries when said countries are supposedly under sanctions. Nothing new here..

Reactions: charbroiled
Good for Beretta! Our government is so fucking corrupt why the fuck should any company follow any sanctions put forth by our corrupt politicians because now this new "boogy man" is bad. Fuck that shit 10-15 yrs ago I would have felt different, but I have opened my to just how corrupt our own government is.

I think I will go and buy me a new Beretta today.

Looks like Beretta and it's owned subsidiaries have been importing weapons into Russia for some time now against sanctions through various loopholes. If accurate, seems pretty damning for Beretta, it would be one thing if they were coming in on the black market, but it sounds like Beretta is the a majority holder of the Russian company doing much of the importing, and are working with companies in connection to a well known arms dealer.

Be interesting to see if more details are made available.
LOL. Wait till they call customer service.

America, American Business and the opinions of American's count for very little these days.
In most cases, nothing more than a Paper Tiger. Four+ generations have ridden the wave, got lazy and careless with their money and their political leaders. Now a guy in his 80's with dementia leads the country.

To the rest of the world, it is "Business as Usual".

True, maybe it's a a good place for Sako to dump all the S20's they can't sell. EuroOptic has been trying to blow them out for 30%+ off for almost a year and they still won't sell.
Interesting. I had the top end Savage rifle on order when the war started. It took over a year to get it. I was told that the US gobbled up every suitable rifle in inventory and sent them to The Ukraine. Mine was way back on the production schedule.

America, American Business and the opinions of American's count for very little these days.
In most cases, nothing more than a Paper Tiger. Four+ generations have ridden the wave, got lazy and careless with their money and their political leaders. Now a guy in his 80's with dementia leads the country.

To the rest of the world, it is "Business as Usual".

The regime media wants you to believe two things about economics that are simply untrue.

First, that "sanctions" against Russia are killing its economy, and by extension, its war machine. The Russian economy grew at about 3.5% in 2023. They are borrowing just a little to support their war effort, which is what countries at war do. (Unlike the US which borrows to pay both citizens and non-citizens not to work, not to pay their loans back, and encourage them to buy cars they don't want.)

Second, that Russia is committing war crimes on a large scale. If Russia is committing war crimes, then why are the hipsters and the grifters in Kiev dancing the night away to blaring music in fully lit bars and going back to their toasty warm apartments? It is because Russia has made the choice not to turn off the power in the major cities. The Ukrainian economy is producing nothing, it is supported 100% by tax payers in the US, and a few suckers in Europe.

That is how so called Russian sanctions are working. It is also how the Biden crime family grifters are paying back the coked-up costumed dwarf by keeping the average Ukrainian from stringing him up.

So the US govt can leave BILLIONS in arms, vehicles and military tech to the Taliban...

...but we're supposed to be upset because Beretta sold 6,000 rifles in 10 years to Russia?

"BuT tHE SaNCtIOnS!!!"
Too Much 2.jpeg

That's only because you've never used their customer service, or complete and total lack of....... :ROFLMAO: Tried to have an S20 worked on last year, total shit show, they didn't even know what service center it should be sent to.
Same experience I had with their lack of CS, which is probably worse now they are in Tenn. would never send something back to them, I'd rather take my chance with a local smith.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
+1 for my attempt at Tikka customer service 🤣🤣🤣 great guns but don't expect support LOLzzzzz

True, maybe it's a a good place for Sako to dump all the S20's they can't sell. EuroOptic has been trying to blow them out for 30%+ off for almost a year and they still won't sell.
I wonder why they didn't catch on. Great guns, smooth action, and really accurate. Shitty mags tho

Reactions: Big Phish
I think a couple reasons.

1) the mag issue was reported a lot, evidently they've changed the mags. My 300wm had issues feeding rounds from the mags. Beretta was not helpful about it when I sent it in they just said they could not repeat it with their ammo (they never said what ammo they used). I have heard others have had better luck just calling them and getting mags replaced. From what i've heard the higher cap. mags have less issues than the lower ones.
2) the cheap plastic noisy stock, it's functional but it would be crazy noisy hunting in brush, mine also creaks when you grip/adjust it from the plastic plates rubbing on each other. It's not a light gun, a couple ounces of some sort of coating or better plastic would do wonders. The stock plastic is far too brittle, they need something like KRG, AI uses etc. that's a bit softer with some flex and quieter.
3) the long actions have had hit or miss accuracy reports, seems like the short actions are mostly hammers. My 300wm has never shot anything great, it's okay, nothing a Tikka won't do for half the price and less weight. I've seen other at the range though that were total hammers. Seems accuracy in these is more hit/miss than with the usual tikka/sako.
4) in the US, it's heavy for a hunting rifle, and far too light to be useful for any of the PRS style competitions, especially since Sako won't import the heavier barrel option or the 2 stage trigger option.

I do agree it has a really nice action, the single stage trigger is quite good, and most of them seem to be accurate.

Beretta overall has a horrible rep for CS. I was talking to a salesperson in Cabelas about them and they had so many issues with the S20, feeding mostly, some accuracy, from customers and hassles with Beretta, they dropped the entire Sako line. Plus these days most guys walk into a store like that and they just press the easy button and buy a Tikka.

We just don't know how American companies are selling to Russia. Rest assured it is happening, indirectly. I keep searching. I know there are petroleum equipment relate sales, which could easily obfuscate arms related equipment. I have no issue with it. I hope Russia takes back what is Russian.

Beretta using loopholes to import guns to Russia.....​

I find it interesting when people use the word loophole that it imply's they are openly cheating, does it not?
Yet when you play within the rules, its a totally different message being sent. Yet the end result is the same, interesting.

It is also interesting when the so called right uses a loophole its wrong, but the left playing within the rules is a none issue?
The pin is only mightier than the sword until the pins user meets, the swords wrath. This is mostly a very slow processes until most think its too late, then loopholes are used to fullest advantage. Or the pin is placed into the heart, eyes, or throat for a faster correction.

Edit to add,
Remember rules are there to fuck everyone except the rule maker/s.

Last edited:

Several years ago I decide this is the year for the boy to get his own rifle. HIS, not one of dad's, this one will belong to him. What to buy....hmm.

He is a smaller kid, and a small adult, roughly 5'6", but thick, blew his shoulder out trying to lift 500lbs. Strong and stupid....but anyhow. Small kid, so what to get him that will have legs.....I know, a brand spanking new 10-22. I go to the store, and buy the rifle, never take it out of the box. I hated Ruger and 10-22 before this. They are belly buttons seen one you seen them all. Sure some people will put a ring in their belly button, but that is a little like putting lipstick on a pig.

Into the closet it goes.

Fast forward to the week before Christmas and the wife is wrapping the gifts.....hay have you seen boy's rifle.....WHAT It is missing I will kill the little shi......no not that did you look at it. No why would I it is a 10-22, they are all alike. Not this one. It is still fresh in the box, and through the bag, the greasy bag you can tell the barrel is bent. Not a little bent, we are talking a good 10deg bend to this thing easy. Fucking Ruger. I will never get it replaced before hand, but call ruger anyway. What fantastic customer service they have. I tell the nice lady the story, and it is a first rifle for a kid, the entire 9 yards. You will never guess what she said to me.

Are you going to use the barrel? It could be you going to keep the barrel? It has been a few years. I am not quite sure what I said, I think thanks and I hung up.

Back in box and back to store. I need a 22 automatic. You just bought one. Yea I need another that one is fucked. Never even out of the plastic......what?

Want to see. Sure. Guy is just speachless. Can you send this into ruger for me, in the time being I need a 22. All I have is a Winchester 190....well not my first choice but ok.

The store bought the Ruger back from me at what I paid for it, and sold me the 190, naturally for a bit less. He is 26 now and still has that 190, and it still shoots pretty darn well.

I will NEVER own a Ruger product again.

I think you could find a person that hates every single company if you look. Some might be more easy. But I will Never buy another. And I will really like to have a 77/357, but no way am I playing the Ruger lotto in hopes I get a "good one". Or something that does not need to go back a dozen times.

My beretta's, I have not had an issue. I don't own anything made after about 1990, and most go back into the 30's. All work just fine.