• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergar B-14R 20" heavy barrel and bolt differences

CO-RIMFIRE

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2018
Just received my Bergara B-14R 20" heavy barrel action. Mounted it in an MDT ACC chassis. The rifle shoots well and balances nicely compared to the orignal B-14Rs. For those of you who have one of these actions, have you noticed differences in the bolt design? The heavy barrel action's bolt appears different compared to my original B-14R.

Just received my Bergara B-14R 20" heavy barrel action. Mounted it in an MDT ACC chassis. The rifle shoots well and balances nicely compared to the orignal B-14Rs. For those of you who have one of these actions, have you noticed differences in the bolt design? The heavy barrel action's bolt appears different compared to my original B-14R.

How does the action feel compared to your standard B-14R?

Feels a little smoother but still hard to close. Hopefully it gets easier with some use. I would say it's better than my original B - 14R.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
I know they changed some stuff with the bolt nose where they machined the grove for the pin since the earlier examples had a tendency to crack, but that shouldn’t have changed the bolt feel or made it feel heavier.

The new Heavy barreled actions will have the latest updates to the bolt and updated firing pins. Like with the previous barreled actions the bolt will continue to feel better the more rounds you run through it.

Reactions: rpg777 and obx22
The new Heavy barreled actions will have the latest updates to the bolt and updated firing pins. Like with the previous barreled actions the bolt will continue to feel better the more rounds you run through it.
Hope they updated the extractors as well

Its never a good sign when you show up to a match and the Bergara rep on the match has a bag full of extractors with him.
* was the case in the IPRF worlds , and still i ordered the new 20' in heavy barreled Bergara action for new project

Last edited: