• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara .22 at Lapua Test Center

Barry Thomas

Private
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2006
Arizona
I went to the Lapua Test Center today at the Mesa, Arizona location. You can go to Lapua's site for more information on the test center. Before this test I went to the shooting range and shot 200 rounds of ammo last week . I cleaned the barrel before being shot and after the range session. At the test center they removed the action from the stock and mounted the action to a test jig which was then mounted to the shooting table. Before the testing began they shot 10 rounds to foul the barrel. Each test 10 shots were fired and measured at 50 meters and 100 meters on a electronic target. If a lot number being tested started to spread the group we stopped the testing of that lot number. We only tested CenterX and Midas+ ammunition with each having 8 different lot numbers. Here are the top groups.
CenterX 50m group 19.58mm 100 m group 37.4mm
Midas + 50m group 15mm 100 m group 29mm

I am attaching both printouts from Lapua. And of coarse my gun likes the spendy stuff not the cheap stuff.

Conclusion: First off I would like to thank Devan from Lapua, it is amazing to the length Lapua went to make this testing facility . As for the Bergara it is a factory gun that shoots @1moa. I'm impressed with the guns quality, fit and finish are good, very smooth action, and even a descent trigger. This is my fist Bergara and I think for the money its a good deal for an entry level gun. If my shooting ability was better and my wallet thicker I would be all over a Vudoo. I don't think you can compare the two, apples to oranges. I also find it amazing the diference between lot numbers of ammo.

Attachments

• scan.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 148
  • scan0002.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 66
Thanks for sharing this! So you shot the barrel from the factory as is? Didn't re-headspace it to the Lapua ammo?

Lapua testing facility is also I am guessing indoor tunnel w/o wind?

For us non metric users. lol

Center-X
.771" @ 54.7 yards
1.472" @ 109.4 yards

Midas +
.591" @ 54.7 yards
1.142" @ 109.4 yards

Now that you have the batch number, where are you going to get it?