• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara 22lr magazine pic

duramaxed

Private
Minuteman
May 4, 2011
Anybody see the pic Bergara USA posted of their new rifle launching, teased with a magazine that looks similar to aics but 22lr today?

Magazine pic

Attachments

• C920AF49-9337-4CF6-9591-1D76AD3DB3BA.jpeg
    C920AF49-9337-4CF6-9591-1D76AD3DB3BA.jpeg
    13.6 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: Jackomason
The rifle pic is on the facebook page. Fits a Remington 700 compatible.

Somebody in the industry told me this was coming earlier this year. My answer was I will believe it when I see it. Its obviously in answer for the Vudoo AICS style magazine. I don’t think it will hurt the Vudoo market though. Now if it fits a 700 footprint as I have heard as well it could put a little dent in sales. The level of CS and product quality Vudoo offers is going to be very hard for a big company to compete with though. Building a mass produced rifle with the quality, accuracy and ability for the user to customize from the factory just isn’t going to happen. I’m saving my pennies and will have a Vudoo one day. If I could just win the Lotto jack pot I have had my eye on now ?......

book face...
Press Release:
Bergara is proud to announce our B-14R .22 LR Rifle
The Bergara B-14 R .22 LR is the latest offering in their ever-popular B-14 series of rifles. Ben Fleming VP of Sales for Bergara states. “Our team has been working on a very accurate full size .22 precision trainer for several years now with a goal to help set the bar with the .22 shooters. With this gun, we are confident that it will help long-range .22 shooting grow for years to come.” Dakota Russell, Nat...ional Sales Manager for Bergara added, “Our customers have been requesting a gun like this for some time, and with the growing NRL22 and PRS .22 competition matches the timing was right to introduce a rifle of this nature.”
This rifle is designed as a true rimfire "trainer" is that it works within the dimensions of a REM700 platform, allowing shooters to have a similar size and feel to their centerfire rifle, or even set up as a clone to their centerfire to train with. It, therefore, fits REM700 compatible stocks, bases, and triggers.
This being the case, it gives a perfect platform to allow any shooter the ability to customize their rifle with all kinds of compatible accessories already on the market. The magazine is a single stack .22LR mag that is built within the same dimensions as a standard short action AICS mag.
With the growing popularity of long-range shooting, this gun allows shooters to practice their disciplines at a more affordable price and in areas where longer ranges may not be available.
Bergara is known for its extremely accurate barrels and rifles. With this new model, the .22LR shooter is sure to be pleased with Bergara’s latest offering.
Bergara B-14 R Specs:
• MSRP - $1150
• Caliber: 22 Long rifle
• Action: B-14R
• Barrel: 4140 Bergara barrel
• Twist: 1:16
• Barrel length: 18”
• Threaded muzzle: 1/2-28
• Weight: 9.25 lbs.
• Length: 38” with spacers
• HMR stock
• 10 round magazine
• Scope mounts: 6-48 screws, Rem 700 compatible

bergara b14.jpg

book face...
Press Release:
Bergara is proud to announce our B-14R .22 LR Rifle
The Bergara B-14 R .22 LR is the latest offering in their ever-popular B-14 series of rifles. Ben Fleming VP of Sales for Bergara states. “Our team has been working on a very accurate full size .22 precision trainer for several years now with a goal to help set the bar with the .22 shooters. With this gun, we are confident that it will help long-range .22 shooting grow for years to come.” Dakota Russell, Nat...ional Sales Manager for Bergara added, “Our customers have been requesting a gun like this for some time, and with the growing NRL22 and PRS .22 competition matches the timing was right to introduce a rifle of this nature.”
This rifle is designed as a true rimfire "trainer" is that it works within the dimensions of a REM700 platform, allowing shooters to have a similar size and feel to their centerfire rifle, or even set up as a clone to their centerfire to train with. It, therefore, fits REM700 compatible stocks, bases, and triggers.
This being the case, it gives a perfect platform to allow any shooter the ability to customize their rifle with all kinds of compatible accessories already on the market. The magazine is a single stack .22LR mag that is built within the same dimensions as a standard short action AICS mag.
With the growing popularity of long-range shooting, this gun allows shooters to practice their disciplines at a more affordable price and in areas where longer ranges may not be available.
Bergara is known for its extremely accurate barrels and rifles. With this new model, the .22LR shooter is sure to be pleased with Bergara’s latest offering.
Bergara B-14 R Specs:
• MSRP - $1150
• Caliber: 22 Long rifle
• Action: B-14R
• Barrel: 4140 Bergara barrel
• Twist: 1:16
• Barrel length: 18”
• Threaded muzzle: 1/2-28
• Weight: 9.25 lbs.
• Length: 38” with spacers
• HMR stock
• 10 round magazine
• Scope mounts: 6-48 screws, Rem 700 compatible

View attachment 7168912

Well I just bought a CZ457. Haven't even received it yet. Just my luck.

Well I just bought a CZ457. Haven't even received it yet. Just my luck.

I wouldn’t be too upset. How long did it take the BRX to hit stores after they announced it? For that matter I haven’t seen one in the wild yet. If I were you I would enjoy that CZ while you wait the 18 months it takes to actually lay hands on one of the Bergara 22s.

It would be nice if they would just sell a barreled action like Howa does through Brownells. Personally I will still buy a Vudoo but if I could get a barreled action and didn’t have to pay a few hundred extra dollars for the stock I didn’t want it would be a lot more appealing. As I said above it looks like it is going to be a very nice rifle but I don’t think it will be in the same league as a Vudoo.

Last edited:
Reactions: duramaxed
It will be interesting to hear some range reports from these. Hopefully they nailed it and the rifle shoots great. It sure seems like there have been a lot of issues reported with the BRX. Hopefully that doesn’t happen with this one. At any rate I will be waiting awhile before I buy anything to see how it shakes out.

Been biting my tongue and not saying anything since I had the chance to shoot the proto-type in late April at K&M. Glad to see that it's been officially announced. Supposedly, they will begin shipping to dealers in Dec. I'm not gonna hold my breathe, but I'll certain pick one up when the do hit the shelves. I was impressed with the gun, it's features and accuracy.

Reactions: OneBill
Been biting my tongue and not saying anything since I had the chance to shoot the proto-type in late April at K&M. Glad to see that it's been officially announced. Supposedly, they will begin shipping to dealers in Dec. I'm not gonna hold my breathe, but I'll certain pick one up when the do hit the shelves. I was impressed with the gun, it's features and accuracy.

How was the accuracy? Vudoo like?

I just talked with Bergara USA today, Nov. 15th and they say that they should ship in December. It also sounds like they have tried to do what Vudoo did with the 700 compatible everything. I also believe he said it had a lifetime warranty. Bergara has a MOA guarantee but he did not know if it applied to the B14R. The mags are about 30.00 each. You may want to read the Bergara web site. Their guarantee is likely not like the Vudoo guarantee. I also believe that I have read that the Bergara trigger is 2 to 3 pounds. I don't need another rifle but will probably buy one just to try out.

I never said a word about Barreled Action or anything, beyond they announced a Rimfire and the price, clearly the Picture Shows a complete rifle .

As if I need you to validate me or respond to my comment
I simply asked the Bergara guy if it were a BA because that is one way that I could have bought my V22.
It was no slight on you.

If they can guarantee 1 MOA at 100 yard I'd be pretty impressed.
If you go to Bergara and then to " Support" and at the bottom of that tab, you will see "Accuracy Testing". They describe how they Pass or Fail a gun.

If you go to Bergara and then to " Support" and at the bottom of that tab, you will see "Accuracy Testing". They describe how they Pass or Fail a gun.
more importantly is bergera gonna get a pass or fail on IP/patent infringement

I think there is enough prior art in the industry that any competent patent lawyer could "blow up" a patent covering a sub caliber magazine adapter. We can litigate it here, but it won't matter.

I think there is enough prior art in the industry that any competent patent lawyer could "blow up" a patent covering a sub caliber magazine adapter. We can litigate it here, but it won't matter.

This is just what I’ve been looking for. Can’t wait to get a BA and set it up in a manners. I have a CZ455 trainer and like it but this is more of what I was looking for

Bergara has shipped out a batch of rifles to retailers with more to follow soon. I’m excited to see how these perform. Has anybody heard any reviews or any additional information beyond the information on their website? I’m also curious if these will sell at $1150 or if they will be cheaper (hopefully).

Here’s a mini review (still need to do some videos and additional ammo testing):

Finally got my rifle this past week. I threw some Harris bipods and my Athlon Midas Tac 6-24x50 on it since it focuses from 10 yards to infinity and started plinking around with some cheap CCI Blazer ammo. So far I really really like this rifle.

The bolt feels much better and smoother than the other rimfire bolts I have played with in the past and I think the bolt has even gotten a little smoother now that I’ve shot a few hundred rounds through it. One strange thing I noticed is that the bolt lift is actually LIGHTER once the firing pin has been released, which is nice. Typically, the bolt lift on rifles is HEAVIER once the firing pin has been released because the bolt lift is what cocks the trigger.

This is the first 22 I’ve had with a match chamber. Due to lack of experience with match chambers I didn’t realize that the bolt actually pushes the round into the rifling. Since this is supposed to be better for accuracy I’m ok with it, but it does make the bolt closure feel pretty heavy since you are forcing the round into the barrel as it closes, which can cause you to accidentally shift the rifle when shooting off positional barricades where you aren’t as stable.

A lot of people have been asking about controlled round feeding on the 22s so I decided to check it out for myself. As the case leaves the fee lips of the mag, it pops up into the bolt face and is then directed into the chamber. However, as the round enters the chamber, it makes contact with the top of the chamber, so it still has the potential to be slightly deformed before going into the rifling. I may try to add a video if I can figure it out. (It’s slow-mo, so it’s pretty long)
I originally planned on replacing the trigger right away, but after using the factory trigger during break in, I’ve decided to just leave it alone for now. Bergara claims the lightest weight the trigger can be set to is right around 2.5lbs, which is what mine was set at out of the box, so I never bothered to adjust anything. I would prefer a trigger weight around 14-16 ounces like my TriggerTech Diamonds in my match rifles, but since this trigger breaks very cleanly and doesn’t have any creep, it feels pretty dang good even though it’s 2.5 times heavier than my other triggers. I may switch it out further down the road, but it really is a pretty dang good trigger.

Another thing I planned on doing right away was to replace the stock with a KRG Bravo or an MDT ACC chassis to match my two PRS rifles. Unfortunately the ACC chassis are really expensive so I can’t afford to buy another one. After using the HMR stock on the bergara I’ve decided to stick with it for the time being. It is a really nice stock and has plenty of adjustability for me. I also like that it is heavier than the KRG Bravo which is nice for training purposes since my ACC is pretty heavy. The vertical grip is comfortable and has a perfect shelf for thumb placement by the tang. Unfortunately, there isn’t very much room between the bipods and the magwell for a bag. The bipods and mag tend to interfere with the bag (game changer, tactical udder, etc.) when shooting off barricades. I may end up adding an Area 419 Arca rail or something similar to the forend to get more room for a bag and to allow me to use my Ckye pod and my Warne Skyline bipod, both of which attach to Arca rails.

The one gripe I have with this stock (and most other stocks/chassis for that matter) is that the cheek piece is very hard and gets uncomfortable after a lot of shooting. Since I am a Cheapskate, I used the little laser attachment for my 3D printer and designed a pad that fits the HMR’s cheek piece and added a logo to it while I was at it. It is surprising how big of a difference a little foam makes. It makes the rifle feel much nicer and it’s more comfortable when doing high volume shooting.

Lastly, I did notice that the safety lever is really stiff when you try to put it on “safe” with the bolt closed. It actually kind of hurts your thumb. And yet, it switches to “fire” very smoothly and easily. I think the lever may be interfering with something when the bolt is closed, because if you operate the safety lever with the bolt open, it moves smoothly and easily in both directions. This may just be an issue with my specific rifle. It would be interesting to know if this is an issue for other people too.

Sorry I don’t have any pictures of groups at 50 and 100 yards right now. I’m still waiting on some higher end ammo to show up this coming week. I did, however try a few types of ammo that were available off the shelf at my local sporting goods store. So far, I have tried CCI Blazer, CCI Standard Velocity, Norma Match, Norma Subsonic, and RWS Target Rifle. Surprisingly, they seems to all shoot very very similar. If I had to choose, I would say the super cheap CCI Blazer and the RWS Target Rifle seem to be slightly better than the others. I actually took the Blazers out to 400 yards, but obviously the group size at that range isn’t so hot. I needed to dial 20.8 MILS but maxed out at 20 MILS with a 30 MOA Seekins Precision base and my Athlon Midas Tac 6-24x50, which has 25 MILS of overall travel. I kind of wish I had bought the 40 MOA EGW base instead, but I don’t think I’ll shoot 400 yards very often, so it shouldn’t matter. I plan on testing some SK, Lapua, and Eley ammo soon as well to see what the higher end ammo can do.

I apologize if this post is way too long, but I figured some of you may appreciate it. When I was looking for reviews earlier on I could find any in-depth reviews, so I just had to find out for my self. I will try to post up some accuracy tests soon too, since that is was people tend to want to see most.

I’ll include some pictures of my rifle with and without the cheek piece. I may do some videos soon too.
47592C84-8DD6-4AD8-AF4A-BB425D189A58.jpeg
D2FD97F2-9571-42C9-9867-31E5D910D0E2.jpeg
35F24743-BEE5-4B31-A8DD-79D762CA08FF.jpeg

Ok guys, I had to upload the video to YouTube through iMovie to get it into slow motion. It was pretty stupid, but I got it. The reason the round grazes the top of the chamber is because the round in the mag beneath it is pushing it upwards. It doesn’t smash into the edge or anything like that, but it does rub. I’ve noticed the edge of the chamber shaves of a tiny bit of some of the rounds but not all. It is very very minimal, but I did notice tiny shavings once in a while. I don’t think you can see any shavings in the video. Here’s the video:
The rifle was on its side, which is why the one round fell back into the chamber

Ok guys, I had to upload the video to YouTube through iMovie to get it into slow motion. It was pretty stupid, but I got it. The reason the round grazes the top of the chamber is because the round in the mag beneath it is pushing it upwards. It doesn’t smash into the edge or anything like that, but it does rub. I’ve noticed the edge of the chamber shaves of a tiny bit of some of the rounds but not all. It is very very minimal, but I did notice tiny shavings once in a while. I don’t think you can see any shavings in the video. Here’s the video:
The rifle was on its side, which is why the one round fell back into the chamber

Is the barrel a slip fit or is it threaded into the receiver? Also, are there extractor cuts in the barrel, or is the bolt flush?

Sorry if this was already covered, I heard they have the 1moa but is that 50y or 100y?
Don't know the answer to that, but mine shoots under 1/2" at 50 yds with Ely 10x .421" and Gemtech .482". That was within the first 25 rounds through it so hopefully it'll improve a little from there.
Or I do, I'll take either.

@The_Count I had the opportunity to handle one in my local store today. It does have a slot for the extractors. Hard to tell without taking things apart but I think it was also a threaded barrel tenon. I think I could see threads looking through the breach into the receiver, but didn't have a light or anything to really see much. Could just have easily been a machining mark.

It felt good overall. The bolt fit is a little loose when open, but not sloppy. And it locked up tight in battery which is what matters. I'm seriously considering buying it.

• Love
Reactions: Changed
Don't know the answer to that, but mine shoots under 1/2" at 50 yds with Ely 10x .421" and Gemtech .482". That was within the first 25 rounds through it so hopefully it'll improve a little from there.
Or I do, I'll take either.
I found one at my gun shop. With the carbon fiber barrel. Did your improve any?

I found one at my gun shop. With the carbon fiber barrel. Did your improve any?
Yeah, a little. 50yd 5 shot groups are regularly in the low 3's with Ely 10x.
I shot 5, 5 shot groups at 100 and averaged
.874 with the 10x.
I'm very happy with it.

Reactions: Htshot