• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara 300 WM HMR Accuracy Issues

ktm131rob

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2021
Belgrade MT
All,

First time post on this site, I have been reading alot on here and I have gotten alot of good info.

I have a 300 WM HMR i got it new this spring, seemed to shoot ok around 1 MOA with factory I tightened that up with some load work to around .5 - .7 and for what it is I was happy. When I shot those groups I had a surefire brake on it, I since switched it out to a Dead Air Key Mo Brake. I took the rifle our to verify zero and I could only group 1.25, chocked it up to a bad day behind the gun. Today it was 1.5 inch groups. I verified it was not me as I shot repeated back to back groups with my 6.5 cm in between at .5 inch.

My question is could I have overtightened or screwed up my groupings with the muzzle brake I installed? I didn't use a torque wrench and to time it correct I had to apply some leverage.

Any other suggestions with this rifle that may help it?

Thanks,

Rob

How many rounds have you shot through it and have you cleaned it since? Iv heard with these rifles that after 180 rounds the groups open up.

ShooterVaugh- it's when dirty, every barrel is differnt.
Ktm131rob- I would seriously doubt it. It may have changed the harmonics of the barrel and you might have to work up a new load.