• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara B-14 Hunter .300WM

Maelstrom

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2007
Southern Maryland
So I won a B-14 Hunter in .300WM last night and have a few questions. I have been wanting to get a .300WM for an elk hunt hopefully next year. If anyone has one of these rifles are there any issues with it I need to look out for. Mine has the bottom floor plate instead of DBM. I am considering swapping the stock for something else possibly a chassis system that has the DBM. How hard is it to swap the barrel when the time comes. I have a Bartlein Carbon Fiber Wrapped barrel sitting in a shopping cart right now with GAP. Any concerns with using this barrel on a Bergara assuming I can get it cut for the action?

The Bergara 300 win mag was blowing firing pins through the cast bolt shroud and turning the shroud into shrapnel. They say they fixed the new models. I’d check and make sure it isn’t new old stock. That’s the only problem that could ruin more than a day at the range. They’ll take care of you, good customer service. Congrats on winning a good rifle 👍

Any competent smith can cut the barrel for that gun. You’ll need to get the blueprint from Bergara as they use a coned bolt face and the barrel will need to be cut to mst h but other than that it’s no biggie.
you should have a helluva shooter on your hands. Congratulations.